we are 8-1 4th favourite for the drop..

The Pink Panther said:
de niro said:
city diehard said:
Which displays his piss poor management.

yeh he bought so poorly didn't he.

Poor/useless - Bridge, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Ben Haim
Benefit of the doubt on SWP and Adebayor
Came good - Vincent, NDJ, Lescott, Zabba
Needed - Given

There's £140 million spent on players there. The four good ones are still with us and when we sell Ade and Santa Cruz this summer we will probably have recouped £25-£30 million gross................ obviously
Bellamy in poor/useless? What?

MCFC BOB said:
The Pink Panther said:
de niro said:

Needed - Given

There's £140 million spent on players there. The four good ones are still with us and when we sell Ade and Santa Cruz this summer we will probably have recouped £25-£30 million gross................ obviously
Ridiculous assessment of Bellamy.

de niro said:
agreed, no way could hughes attract silva and co, said it many times. i have never "dismissed" mancini but nor will i dismiss sparky. they both played a part in where we are now.
Your opinion of Mancini, unless I'm going crazy, was once very negative and you were convinced he wouldn't win us trophies.

Skashion said:
de niro said:
agreed, no way could hughes attract silva and co, said it many times. i have never "dismissed" mancini but nor will i dismiss sparky. they both played a part in where we are now.
Your opinion of Mancini, unless I'm going crazy, was once very negative and you were convinced he wouldn't win us trophies.

your memory is correct, De Niro was once a rather large ctitic of Mancini but he has it seems changed his mind, although his fondness for hughes(sparky urghh) seems to still be there

MCFC BOB said:
The Pink Panther said:
de niro said:

Needed - Given

Surprised nobody else picked up on that. Bellamy played his best football at us.

Skashion said:
de niro said:

you have the wrong guy, i was negative about him being negative, which he was, in fact pathetically so. i have never said he'd not win us out, in fact i went to a fans forum and put him straight :) once he'd got a grasp of the prem he's been outstanding.

de niro said:
Skashion said:
de niro said:

you have the wrong guy, i was negative about him being negative, which he was, in fact pathetically so. i have never said he'd not win us out, in fact i went to a fans forum and put him straight :) once he'd got a grasp of the prem he's been outstanding.

It's how good managers work. Build from the back.

Damocles said:
de niro said:
Skashion said:

9 times out of 10 maybe, we did it at hull ffs, and we got turned over. we all headed over there with aspring in our step, stopped on the tops for a bite to eat and everything was great, then we lose to the shittiest team in the prem. horrible day.

de niro said:
Damocles said:
de niro said:

9 times out of 10 maybe, we did it at hull ffs, and we got turned over. we all headed over there with aspring in our step, stopped on the tops for a bite to eat and everything was great, then we lose to the shittiest team in the prem. horrible day.
But, but, but, but, but, but........You're a City fan (presumably!). You should be used to that sort of thing by now, shirley?

de niro said:
Damocles said:
de niro said:

Good managers also realise that success isn't measured in games but in years.

Bobby did what he needed to do at the time. Unfortunately we often don't know things just as the feeling in the dressing room at the time, nor the fitness of the players or anything else.

As he did the exact same progression at Inter and Lazio, I'm presuming that his conservatism in his first season is deliberate. It makes sense as a strategy.

Dogs run the fastest after they are first let off the leash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.