we are 8-1 4th favourite for the drop..

de niro said:
city diehard said:
de niro said:
with half of sparky's players.

Which displays his piss poor management.

yeh he bought so poorly didn't he.

Ooo, you little Tinker!! I dunno how you can defend the man, even in hindsight!! Buying players in their 20 mils does not guarantee success or brilliance. Our young friend Jo is testament enough for that (and Sheva for Chelski!). To be honest, was Tévez ever a goal scoring machine, when on loan for them? Nah, but he put himself about.

CT scoring as much as he did, whilst under Mr Hughes' steerage shows two things:

a) He was fooking lucky it turned out that way (CT's best ever scoring form!) and

b) Mr Hughes was content to let the team's on pitch relationship crumble as CT was allowed to be a one man wrecking machine.

He's lucky it worked out as such or he'd have been gone MUCH sooner!

I spent a while watching Herman's playing style and the detriment I saw to the team and the small few of us to notice agreed that essentially CT was bad for the team in that position, even if it was good for him!

Tévez's self exile was a BLESSING for City and, as we all know, the team bonded magnificently as I'd hoped they would without the Little Trouble Causer in it.

Ironically, though, Roberto Mancini has been making the same error as Mr Hughes in the over reliance of Yaya and David S in their positions and, like the first time CT was omitted from the team, we fell short in their absences. RM has obviously gotten away with it, where Hughes didn't, because where the unbalancing was wasn't totally crucial to winning or losing, as we could always stalemate a game from the midfield position, but not win it from Hughes' lack of attack...

If you understand me!!

Meh, I need a break!!

de niro said:
city diehard said:
de niro said:
with half of sparky's players.

Roque? Bridge? Jo? to name a few were all worldies in your opinion then? The good players which he did purchase never flourished under him and only started to under Mancini. So, not his actual purchasing of the players but the way he managed them was piss poor. I know you've go this illogical affinity for Sparkless but come on.

After which game this thread was created? We have improved a great deal since then.

Citizen52 said:
carlos92 said:
After which game this thread was created? We have improved a great deal since then.

I reckon it was after WBA away, think it was 2-1 loss.

Thanks for that. It is a bit ironic that one of the scorers for them, scored the winner for Swansea last season.

carlos92 said:
Citizen52 said:
carlos92 said:

I reckon it was after WBA away, think it was 2-1 loss.

Thanks for that. It is a bit ironic that one of the scorers for them, scored the winner for Swansea last season.

Yeah deffo. I think Bednar got the winner with a header and Caicedo scored a quality backheel or a good finish anyway, it was on Sky I think on the Sunday.

Remember having a bit of a row with my Brother after it as he was insistent we were shit and going to go down, I disagreed hugely! We were just shit away, but no way would we go down and no surprise we hammered Hull 5-1 on the Boxing Day.

city diehard said:
de niro said:
city diehard said:

Roque? Bridge? Jo? to name a few were all worldies in your opinion then? The good players which he did purchase never flourished under him and only started to under Mancini. So, not his actual purchasing of the players but the way he managed them was piss poor. I know you've go this illogical affinity for Sparkless but come on.

jo wasn't his signing but lets not allow the truth to spoil a hughes bashing.
sparky did well for us, the shit he faced when he arrived at city was unbelievable. we were a joke, a complete shambles. apart from the way it was done i had no quarms in hughes being replaced by mancini, further progress was needed.
i can tell you one thing though, mancini would'nt have touched us with a bargepole had he seen the place before hughes tidied it up.

oh and for the record big sam would win stuff with these players.

Never liked MH or his playing style. Was on 606 in those days and got slated a lot for suggesting Mancini along with a few others to replace him. Every club who replaces a manager mid season has another one lined up apart from Wolves and look at what happened there (and the press slated them for that). Mancini does not get the credit he deserves for bringing players on, changing their style etc. anyone remember the grief he got for his fitness and training regime in the early days??

Hart of the matter said:
Never liked MH or his playing style. Was on 606 in those days and got slated a lot for suggesting Mancini along with a few others to replace him. Every club who replaces a manager mid season has another one lined up apart from Wolves and look at what happened there (and the press slated them for that). Mancini does not get the credit he deserves for bringing players on, changing their style etc. anyone remember the grief he got for his fitness and training regime in the early days??

you are spot on, wolves dropped a right bollock there. i was pleased with mancini getting tough with training etc, the problem was the way he went about it, the players though either joined up or got shipped out and with a new manager that would always be the case. of course the players that stayed and the new ones who have joined him have all been rewarded, as has our owners for installing him.

de niro said:
city diehard said:
de niro said:

jo wasn't his signing but lets not allow the truth to spoil a hughes bashing.
sparky did well for us, the shit he faced when he arrived at city was unbelievable. we were a joke, a complete shambles. apart from the way it was done i had no quarms in hughes being replaced by mancini, further progress was needed.
i can tell you one thing though, mancini would'nt have touched us with a bargepole had he seen the place before hughes tidied it up.

oh and for the record big sam would win stuff with these players.
You're wasting your time Bill. You know perfectly well what this place is like re. Leslie/clueless/****/whatever insult is popular that day. Do what I did and forget trying to defend him; it just won't wash on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.