We are not mentally weak

It is a mentality issue as far as I can see. Last night we started very well looked like it was going to be confortable, then all of a sudden we were shit scared, then we finished good again, basically with the same players, (Though Toure going off made a plus difference). Which to me says we're quite flaky when it comes to attitude and events duuring the game. Need to be stronger. I am not sure who does the leadership thing on the pitch, usually Kompany but we were devoid of it last imo.

The problem that I see is that we are good with the ball but are poor when we don't have the ball. All the good teams are good at both and also know when to take one for the team either committing foul or breaking play up.
There is no discipline or organisation, if you press you all have to do it or you leave big gaps which even average teams can pass around.At the moment it appears as though attitude is we have better players than you so we will score more.
Yeah our pressing is really bad. The problem is, most of our team aren't naturally inclined to press. Aguero doesn't really do it, Silva will do it but he doesn't look comfortable with it, and Yaya won't do it. Last year we also had Nasri and Dzeko who won't do it. So we half do it, but good teams just flick the ball around the corner into open space and before we know we have a 4 vs 4 with their attackers interchanging and our defenders looking all over the shop. It's risky football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.