We can still qualify and it is very possible

Re: Sky Sports Maths ???

Of the 81 possible results combinations left there are 10 that would see us in with a chance of qualifying, either on points, head to head or goal difference.

If CSKA win tonight has 1 combination (We beat Bayern, and City/Bayern wins in the next round)

IF Roma win tonight has 3 combinations (We beat Bayern and Roma and we qualify regardless of the Bayern/CSKA result.

CSKA/Roma draw has 6 combinations (We beat Bayern and Roma and we are guaranteed to go through, we could go through on goal difference with a loss tonight and a good win against Roma).

And yes, I should be doing some work.

moomba said:
Of the 81 possible results combinations left there are 10 that would see us in with a chance of qualifying, either on points, head to head or goal difference.

If CSKA win tonight has 1 combination (We beat Bayern, and City/Bayern wins in the next round)

IF Roma win tonight has 3 combinations (We beat Bayern and Roma and we qualify regardless of the Bayern/CSKA result.

CSKA/Roma draw has 6 combinations (We beat Bayern and Roma and we are guaranteed to go through, we could go through on goal difference with a loss tonight and a good win against Roma).

If we win tonight and CSKA and Roma draw then I think we could go through with a 2-2 or higher score draw but we would need Bayern to win against CSKA as if we finish level with CSKA we go out as they will have a better head to head record. Equally if CSKA and Roma draw then a CSKA win at Bayern will put us out regardless how we do against Roma for the same reason.

Anyway only thing we should worry about is a City win tonight as that is virtually essential.

moomba said:

Not quite. If CSKA draw tonight and then win in Munich (unlikely) we would be out on head to head even if we win both games.
At least I think so! Bugger this has already been mentioned.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
moomba said:

Not quite. If CSKA draw tonight and then win in Munich (unlikely) we would be out on head to head even if we win both games.
At least I think so! Bugger this has already been mentioned.

Yes, sorry. You are right. So 9 out of 81. I think the draw is best for us, but a Roma win and it's pretty much in our hands to go through.

Best result is City Beat Munich and Roma beat CSKA, then its a straight shoot out between us and Roma, winner takes all.

I have to say although a draw places us in a better position in the group, A Roma win keeps it in our hands no matter what.

Sky just said that we could lose tonight and still go through. Can't be right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.