We don´t deserve Roberto

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Agreed. Some people are still so far up Hughes arse that they cant bear to see Mancini do well.
The Hughes-Outers don't get it. Hughes has gone, whatever any of us who wanted him to be given to the end of the season think. The only thing we see is what's on the pitch now and that is utter and complete dross. A fluent, attacking team playing like a bunch of clueless statues, players not performing and nil entertainment value.

Yes we're currently 4th but we owe that position to three things:
1) We had a "new manager bounce" for a few games. We even had that under Pearce, the very definition of cluelessness.
2) We haven't played a team above 12th place under Mancini.
3) The teams around us dropping points. We picked up 16 out of 24 under Mancini whereas Spurs picked up 10/24 and Villa 9/21. If they'd been less inconsistent then we'd be well adrift in 6th.

Carry on like we have been and we'll be lucky to get a Europa Cup place let alone top 4.

exactly this.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Agreed. Some people are still so far up Hughes arse that they cant bear to see Mancini do well.
The Hughes-Outers don't get it. Hughes has gone, whatever any of us who wanted him to be given to the end of the season think. The only thing we see is what's on the pitch now and that is utter and complete dross. A fluent, attacking team playing like a bunch of clueless statues, players not performing and nil entertainment value.

1) We had a "new manager bounce" for a few games. We even had that under Pearce, the very definition of cluelessness.
3) The teams around us dropping points. We picked up 16 out of 24 under Mancini whereas Spurs picked up 10/24 and Villa 9/21. If they'd been less inconsistent then we'd be well adrift in 6th.

Carry on like we have been and we'll be lucky to get a Europa Cup place let alone top 4.

No I get it. The first 6 months under Hughes were dross. 3rd bottom in the league and knocked out of the cup by Forrest. I recall at the time anyone who was critical of Hughes was generally met with dogs abuse accused of being a "so called fan" and the old stability arguement. That has now all gone out the window and these same hypocrites who carped on about Hughes needing 3 seasons and £1b quid to blow now seem to think after 2 months that Mancini has had long enough.

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

No I get it. The first 6 months under Hughes were dross. 3rd bottom in the league and knocked out of the cup by Forrest. I recall at the time anyone who was critical of Hughes was generally met with dogs abuse accused of being a "so called fan" and the old stability arguement. That has now all gone out the window and these same hypocrites who carped on about Hughes needing 3 seasons and £1b quid to blow now seem to think after 2 months that Mancini has had long enough.
No you don't get it because you've ignored what I've said and gone off at a completely irrelevant tangent. Are you happy with what you're seeing at the moment? Yes or No.

No I am not happy with the way we are playing, but I am happy that despite playing poorly we are picking up points. I am not unhappy about getting a point at stoke, talk about going there playing them off the park and picking up 3 points IMO is far fetched.

I am not going to argue that Mancini is the answer, it is too early to judge. But writing him off on what might or might not happen in the next few tough games is harsh. To Hughes great credit we pulled a great performance out of the hat against Chelsea after a string of very poor draws, who honestly would have picked that result? So neither am I going to be writing Mancini off over what might happen against Liverpool and beyond.

We need to raise our game, no arguements. Is Mancini capable of doing that? IMO Yes.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sun Jihai's ghost said:
No you don't get it because you've ignored what I've said and gone off at a completely irrelevant tangent. Are you happy with what you're seeing at the moment? Yes or No.
But PB he is not ignoring what you are saying, we have won 5 out of 8 games under Mancini, we were drawing against bottom half teams under Hughes, it's just if's and but's what you are saying, that Villa/ Spurs have dropped points, but "if" they hadn't, ...
the fact is they have, so they have their own problem, equal or greater than ours,
And you won't say why you are judging Mancini after less than 2 months.
We are in 4th spot NOW, let us lose 3 or 4 games and drop down to 9th before you get so worked up, it hasn't happened yet!

He hasnt exactly had the easiest of starts has he? Since he joined City he's had to contend with: the loss of Toure & Adebayor to the ACN; Adebayor's trauma; injuries to Lescott, Bridge, Richards, Kompany, Belllamy, SWP, RSC; the Robinho saga; the Bridge saga and now Tevez's unavailability and Veieira's suspension.

We still dont know what he considers to be his strongest line up. Bit early to judge him.

Prestwich_Blue said:

Point 1) Yes we have
Point 2) In the league of course
Point 3) In bold = irrelevant, the fact is they haven't, c'est la vie. "That ifs and buts were apples and nuts..."

Yes we are playing some poor football and are having a wobble, but all 3 of Liverpool, Tottenham and Villa would gladly swap places with us currently I feel.

We are becoming victims of our own pressure and paranoia I reckon.

IMHO what he has done in previous leagues matters little now. I dont care if he had won the world cup twice, champions league four times and the african cup of nations every year sine it started.

Its what he is doing now at out club, thats how i will judge him.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sun Jihai's ghost said:

Spot on mate!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.