We don´t deserve Roberto

blucat599 said:
I'd think we have enough to beat liverpool, thy don't create too many chances and they also like the ball played on the floor, i think it will be an entertaining game and the mdfield battle will be fairly even, the team that takes their chances will win this one, i trust Mancini to pick a team that can cause Liverpool problems, if we lose this one I'll be very disappointed, in the players and the manager!

Problem is I can see Liverpool defending on the edge of their box and us doing the same with the ref standing in the middle saying "Comon lads someones got to take the kick off"!! ;)

Ah but drawing every game is better than win one, lose one, because it means you've not lost a game and that's the main thing. Hughes and Bowen are the future of football. Mancini, with his scarf and his defending and his trophies is the past. Wise up!

Are you serious? I do hope that there is a little sarcasm in that comment.
Win 5 lose 5 = 15 points
Draw 10 lose 0 = 10 points

Things will get better starting with Sunday.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Villa & Spurs dropping points is not speculation. It happened and we won games (as did Liverpool). We dropped points under Hughes and they picked them up. Swings and roundabouts.

But let's look at those 5 we won. The first three, Stoke, Wolves & Blackburn were good wins. Maybe it was new manager syndrome or maybe it was actually Mancini getting the balance right. I don't know but 3 good wins out of 3.

Then we got tonked at Everton (and for pretty well the whole 90 minutes). We beat Pompey but we were poor and their finishing was awful. We then lost at Hull, where we took an hour and two goals to get going. We beat another poor team in Bolton but never looked comfortable or in control. We then drew against Stoke, despite the fact that we were on top for most of the first half but only scored via a very lucky goal and created very little else.

That's the real issue.
Sorry, you I think you may have misconstrued what I was saying in terms of speculation, you stated "...what if they hadn't..." It seems we agree that is doesn't matter because they did.

Your analysis of the games we won I would not disagree with, but the fact of the matter, irrespective of performance, we won those games. We're always told the mark of a good side is being able to win despite playing badly, which barring Everton is exactly what we did.

I'm confident that it will pick up and we will get better as the season progresses. I go back to my original point about being scared of success. Everything we know and love about City is changing and gearing toward success. Are we as fans struggling to accept that change, how it comes about and what it entails? Are we too cosy in our "lickle citeh" mentality and are too used to arriving at the brink only to be pissed on by the club to believe we are getting toward being the real deal this time?

EastStand110 said:
Ah but drawing every game is better than win one, lose one, because it means you've not lost a game and that's the main thing. Hughes and Bowen are the future of football. Mancini, with his scarf and his defending and his trophies is the past. Wise up!

Are you serious? I do hope that there is a little sarcasm in that comment.
Win 5 lose 5 = 15 points
Draw 10 lose 0 = 10 points

Things will get better starting with Sunday.

LOL. A 'little' sarcasm?

What people see as his weaknesses, I see as his strengths to be honest. I'll give you a few examples (and probably cause more controversy!)

1) Dropping Ireland / Potentially wanting to sell him!

Good! I don't care how bloody creative the player is, if he is not in good form and not playing consistently well then good on you for dropping him. Yes we all seem to love him but how far does that stretch if all he does is misplace passes and run round for 90 minutes? If Mancini does not rate him and wishes to replace him, then regardless of how good the player is, if he's not doing the business then he needs to go. It's only the same as Robinho in terms of form and he's one of the most talented players I've seen!

2) Making us "boring".

Yes it's dull as bloody anything for a lot of it but the patience and build up play is brilliant in my books. The defence looks a lot better for this and once we learn to attack in terms of breaking fast then we should only go onwards and upwards.

(I'll stop at that)

In my opinion he has guts and isn't afraid of changing things or making decisions. It's a great feather to have in your cap and it should serve us well in the future. Yes, he'll make mistakes, but he has to experience the league to learn from his mistakes and make us stronger in the long run. I'm 100% behind Mancini personally. Give him 18 months and then make the comparison with Hughes. I make the prediction that there won't be one to make!

Im 100% behind Mancini till May.

He's got us to 4th and Im quite happy to give him till the end of the season and see where we are

I think a lot of City fans think our players are better than they actually are.

Bobby-Manc said:
have to agree with this mate, cannot believe some of our fans are acting like spoilt children...

mancini is a good manager, he needs time like all other managers do and he needs some of his own players... get a grip blues!

he is a good manager but he can't have it both ways.

1, he has been following and learning all about the english game.
2, he's italian and wants to play that way.

i assume he's been lined up at city for a while, the speed of his appointment tell us that, if so why did he not have in place a detailed list of targets for january to impliment whatever style he was to use? rather than wait till the last week of the window and risk wasting it completly.
so which is it?
happy with the squad he has and play the english way?
or
buy the players that can follow his complicated game plan?

there was never a chance our present players could follow his ramblings as he is trying to make them do at this moment in time.

p.s. our opponants are pissing themselves.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Agreed. Some people are still so far up Hughes arse that they cant bear to see Mancini do well.
The Hughes-Outers don't get it. Hughes has gone, whatever any of us who wanted him to be given to the end of the season think. The only thing we see is what's on the pitch now and that is utter and complete dross. A fluent, attacking team playing like a bunch of clueless statues, players not performing and nil entertainment value.

Yes we're currently 4th but we owe that position to three things:
1) We had a "new manager bounce" for a few games. We even had that under Pearce, the very definition of cluelessness.
2) We haven't played a team above 12th place under Mancini.
3) The teams around us dropping points. We picked up 16 out of 24 under Mancini whereas Spurs picked up 10/24 and Villa 9/21. If they'd been less inconsistent then we'd be well adrift in 6th.

Carry on like we have been and we'll be lucky to get a Europa Cup place let alone top 4.

Just picking out point number 3 there, regardless of them dropping points, do you hear them calling for their managers head because of this bad patch of form?
The problem we have is Mancini was clearly not given the money in January. I think we are doing very well right now, 4th in the league with still a game in hand. The next month will be the defining point of our season. Im very happy with where we are now, and will continue to back Mancini. If we do finish 4th, I will be very excited for the summer because El Mancio will attract a totally different class of player to that of his predecessor.

de niro said:
Bobby-Manc said:
have to agree with this mate, cannot believe some of our fans are acting like spoilt children...

mancini is a good manager, he needs time like all other managers do and he needs some of his own players... get a grip blues!

he is a good manager but he can't have it both ways.

1, he has been following and learning all about the english game.
2, he's italian and wants to play that way.

i assume he's been lined up at city for a while, the speed of his appointment tell us that, if so why did he not have in place a detailed list of targets for january to impliment whatever style he was to use? rather than wait till the last week of the window and risk wasting it completly.
so which is it?
happy with the squad he has and play the english way?
or
buy the players that can follow his complicated game plan?

there was never a chance our present players could follow his ramblings as he is trying to make them do at this moment in time.

p.s. our opponants are pissing themselves.
Complicated game plan? you mean because when a sub comes on he spends some time explaining who he has to mark?

Whatever next

Not just untill this May, Mancini should has as much time as Hughes had as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.