we lose because of the CBs

Lescott just had to win that header.

Don't know why he played and Kolo didn't.

I agree Mancio, we need a top quality centre-back to play alongside Kompany, the problem is who? There's few realistic options.

Dawson from Spurs is one I've been in favour of myself, but we'll have to finish above Spurs in the CL battle first! If we don't, then a new CB is probably the least of our problems anyway..

Vinnie slipped for rooneys world peace achieving,oscar nominated,bafta award winning,gretaest goal ever snce his last one because the ball changed direction when it hit zabba so he was hardly at fault.
Lescott should have done better in the build up for the first though.

Didsbury Dave said:
Don't agree at all. The only blame was zab who didn't get tight enough to nani. The second goal was a freak.

The centre halves were excellent all day.

The only suspect performances were the two men played out of position . Zap and kolorov . Overall the team played well

So you see it as acceptable that a 6'2 15 stone centre half can be out jumped and physically bettered by a 5'10 12 stone centre forward?

Rubbish,Lescott should have dealt with that much better,it spoilt an otherwise decent performance.

Saying that,Zaba then had the opportunity to cover for Lescott's inadequacy but woefully failed to do so,a certain amount of leeway needs to be given as he was playing out of position,however his limitations and capabilities are always going to be exposed against the top drawer.

It's no coincidence that the two/three positions we were screaming to be addressed with replacements in January were the ones that cost us dear yesterday.

moomba said:

Because Kolo is equally ineffective and often gets bullied in a physical encounter.

FantasyIreland said:
moomba said:

Because Kolo is equally ineffective and often gets bullied in a physical encounter.

He's much better than Lescott that's for sure.

You could blame Lescott for getting beat yesterday but you could also say how fantastic everyone performed And what a world class CB Vincent Kompany is !! Yesterday we didnt take our chances and Utd did so that was the difference in a brilliant Derby ! Richards Man of the match peformance !

Mancio said:
load of threads about the strikers , the strikers connudrum , the lack of pace , the lack of width , the lack of luck , the lack of creativity , the lack of good management , and in all of that threads there is some interesting bit , yes , but it seem to me that the real problem is a different one , are the CBs.

today too , both the two goal came from CBs mistakes. the first from lescott failed header and the second from the rooney lack of marking. against Villa the goal was from a kolo double mistake. against everton first was a kompany mistake . almost every time we lose there is a serious mistake from a CB.

and are not just the goals , many many times our defence is in strong difficult for the simple long balls coming from the opposite goalkeeper or defenders , i'm sure i'm not the only one who can see all this. or i'm ?

Actually,this was one of the few occasions when I couldnt blame the centre backs - I thought they were pretty good. The goal Nani scored wouldnt have happened had Dejong been playing. And we'd have won with AJ too..........However, it glosses over the fact that we still have to play two holding midfield players because Mancini doesnt trust the CB's. That reduces our attacking options leading to the issues you raise ie no width.
I kept banging on about us needing to buy a centre back as a number one priority in January - Chelsea got him.........Luiz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.