We need a centre forward in January

meeesh

Not contributed,or moaned on any thread regarding last nights shite attempt at a game of football(from both teams),but as daft as it sounds,it was the worst derby game I have ever witnessed and I have seen us lose em often enough !!

I went home thankful for small mercies really,but woke up this morning thinking christ do we need a centre forward in January,and I mean a proper centre forward,someone to hold up the ball,but be clever as well,to help the rest of our midfield,as we were playing 4-6-0 formation for most of last night.

Results went right for us,and a win on saturday will keep us in the hunt for the title,considering what games are this weekend

Chelsea probly beat Sunderland at home

Rags toughish game away at Villa

Arsenal toughish game away at Everton

So chance to capitalise again BLUES!

LETS TAKE IT ....PLEASE

I don't think we need anymore forwards, what we need to do is use the ones we have. I counted 7 crosses in from the wings in the first half alone last night, crosses which were met by 6ft plus United defenders, and not by 5ft5 forward players of ours. We may as well have just give them the ball. Why cross high balls into the box when there is no one there to meet it other than the opposition defenders?!? If Ade or RSC were there, fair enough but they weren't. That was confusing to say the least.

think we have enough up up front with if we play with silva, tevez and boli like we did against west brom think what we really need is someone in midfield who has a bit of inventiveness we were carrying several passengers in midfield last night.

We need a goal scoring central midfielder. 90% of our goals have come from Tevez, just not good enough.

Pigeonho said:
I don't think we need anymore forwards, what we need to do is use the ones we have. I counted 7 crosses in from the wings in the first half alone last night, crosses which were met by 6ft plus United defenders, and not by 5ft5 forward players of ours. We may as well have just give them the ball. Why cross high balls into the box when there is no one there to meet it other than the opposition defenders?!? If Ade or RSC were there, fair enough but they weren't. That was confusing to say the least.

This. Unless Ade is going there's no point.

Did Mr Mancini start this thread? It is clear he wants another striker to go with Tevez and Balotelli. Ade, RSC and Jo he doesn't see as leading us to CL glory. I agree with him.

Last night came nowhere near the game last season. It was the same game as The Dippers last season. That attracted opprobrium from all quarters, especially non-fans who wanted a 5-4 Dipper or MANUre win. TV wants spectacle. Sky charge the earth and some pundits, non-MCFC and MANUre fans would not regard that as value for money. I thought on several occasions yesterday that it was 'our turn' to nick it at the death. Failing that I am quite pleased that we didn't suffer the 'usual'. In fact, just listening to Jonny Saunders on R2 saying that it 'didn't live up to expectations'! Whose fucking expectations? Folk just don't understand the nature of these games! They want gung-ho football, goals and mistakes galore 'cos it makes for great entertainment for the subscribing masses. Bollocks. That point last season might have seen us in the CL! It's gotta be taken in the round and put in perspective. Always nice to beat MANUre, but nearly as nice not to get beaten. I feel much better today than I did last season.

Pigeonho said:

No i mean a proper hold up centre forward man,I aint going to single all our forwards out,as I will get slated on here,as some will have their favourites,we have exciting flair players,but apart from Tevez nobody clever enuff with the ball

Hurts to say but that tosser Berbaflop played well,improved in my opinion,but still got took off and never scored I suppose,but holds the ball up brilliantly,then waits for support to arrive

Why cant we fuckin do it ??

i think somebody needs to tell milner a few things.
a: why always look to whip into box everytime, we have tevez and milner in and around the box, not carew, heskey, agbonlahor.
b: if going to persist with point a:, at least get it past the first man, i mean hitting him every single time, WTF!!
c: when running with the ball at your feet, with open grass in front of you bar 1 fullback, can you have a go at him, take him on, rather than coming to a grinding halt and laying a 20 yard back pass, EVERYTIME

IMO, rocks for brains, not a wide player and the worst signing mr mancini has made

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.