We need a fourth striker

marcus said:
Without a shadow of doubt we need another striker, and for no other reason than potential injuries, the 'what ifs' of it all. WHAT IF (god forbid), Dzeko picks up an injury? Down to 2 strikers. WHAT IF Mario gets himself sent of and banned for 3 games. i just don't like the risk.
nobody needs to say more ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

harrogateblue said:
I know this is totally out of left field, but how about a swap with Lazebayor and Defoe.
He wants first team action, we want a striker. Win win.

Tis what i have said for the past few weeks,proven prem striker,no risk of bringing in a foreign striker,and waiting for him to adapt to our league.Defoe will always get you goals.

Tricky_Trev said:
harrogateblue said:
I know this is totally out of left field, but how about a swap with Lazebayor and Defoe.
He wants first team action, we want a striker. Win win.
So why would he come to us then?

Because we are in every competition,and he would play more at City than he is at Spurs(if not every game)

It makes total sense this to me,they want Ade,and Defoe could be the bargaining tool

Surely he would rather come to us than say,Villa/Neverton/Newcastle where he wont win nowt ?

bluemoondays said:
Sort of agree, although I think we could have the same effect if we sign a really good LW allowing us to rest Balotelli so he doesn't have to play in that position. Balo is definitely better in the CF role than the LW/Inside Forward (IF) role.

Somebody like Petrov would be good without the cowardice (but with the pace) and with a few more tricks who wouldn't mind tracking back. OK, so nothing like Petrov then :D

That would give us a choice of Balo, Dzeko & Aguero to start in the CF position and keep the other 2 on the bench to bring on if needed. Dzeko can only really play CF but Aguero could come on as CF, in the hole or RW/IF (I think) and Balo could come on as CF, LW/RW - IF.

This gives us more options and rotation than signing a dedicated striker.

Gareth Bale?

Sorry but Defoe is a London boy born and bred.......would not fit in here in my opinion. Plus would not be first choice pick which he needs to be.

Defoe is hacked off he isn't getting enough games, we are playing Edin,when with the best will in the world, he is at best off the boil.
He knows the prem, he scores goals, he would get a game in front of Edin, Balo is a loose cannon, love he guy to bits, but he is either at the races or we are a man short.
Defoe offers something different, he shoots on sight, he is fast and direct, might be worth a shout.

Edin is our Shaun Goater but I have never thought he is good enough. I do respect the fact that he tries but he is not World Class like Mario and Sergio.

He was world class v. Spuds and MANUre. He never seems to string three games together where he is on fire and too much to handle. I thought he did alright last night. Whenever the ball was hoisted I thought he had the measure of Skrtel but the fouling git got away with everything bar the pen.

We need strikers who can strike and I think we have those in spades. We had enough of the games at The Hawthorns and the Estadio da Luz to have buried the opposition twice over. We are not getting too much of the roll of the ball at vital times, and too many refs are reining in the flowing football by blowing for fictitious fouls and not penalising opposition defences as they do ours. (I am not under the doctor for paranoia.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.