We need a fourth striker

Agree with the 4th striker argument, Edin did some superb Defending last night but he was knackered by 75mins when he was on his own.

Would have been 6 or 7 if they had kept Sergio or had another striker to bring on

Thought about a separate thread, but I will just add to this one...

Ridiculous though it may seem, I think the squad is a bit thin in other areas too.

I means, we have Mario and Nasri out with a bug (or whatever) and then the best game-changing bench we can field is:

Substitutes

30 Pantilimon,
05 Zabaleta,
06 Lescott,
13 Kolarov,
15 Savic,
11 Johnson,
34 De Jong

A GK, 4 defenders (5 if you count de Jong) and Johnson. Ok, so Johnson can make an impact, but other than that it's woefully short of midfield players.

We have Ibrahim out on loan, Johnson on loan and Weiss on loan. We are about to lose Yaya to the African cup thing. The only other player we can bring in is Hargreaves for the 2 minutes per year he's not actually injured.

We really need to strengthen our midfield in my view. Yes, I know Zaba can play in midfield if necessary, but I mean someone who is useful going forward and can create things.

dadobg said:
mcfcirlam said:
Yes I know we have scored more than 50 goals before you think im going crazy.

However my concern is we picked up only two points away from Liverpool, Chelsea West Brom and Sunderland.

Mario and Sergio are great players but they like everything into feet which has made David Silva look like he cant pass the ball.

Edin is our Shaun Goater but I have never thought he is good enough. I do respect the fact that he tries but he is not World Class like Mario and Sergio.

When teams play deep against us we struggle to get behind them and I believe we havent replaced Bellamy and Tevez, like for like and for me thats what is missing especially away from home.

Who do we bring in as like thousands and thousands of us I want to win the league at all costs, dont care how it happens, just make it happen.

If we cant get the Tevez replacement do we stop the loan to Milan, get him fit and win the league.

I hate the situation with Tevez but I AM FUCKING PARANOID about us not winning the league and having those mediocre bastards still on our tail.

We wont get any help from referees, FA Premier League or acceptance by the pundits on winning the title, we must do it against all odds.

I do not think that we need a fourth striker. Mario scored 11 goals 8 in the prem, most of them are tap-ins and two pens. He is not wordclass yet

This is not accurate. Go watch a replays of his goals so far this season. The one against the rags. The one against aston villa. The one against chelsea. Absolutely brilliant goals. Watch more games mate. I think mario is the best striker we have at the moment.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:08 pm --<br /><br />
meeesh said:
harrogateblue said:
I know this is totally out of left field, but how about a swap with Lazebayor and Defoe.
He wants first team action, we want a striker. Win win.[/quo

Great shout that,pacey Defoe as well,and an eye for goal..DO IT CITY !!! NOW

Defoe will be a good call. But I think he would want to play most games and levy will charge us 25 million for him. lol

If we cant get gudetti back,and i do agree with the african nations coming up we do need another striker. Sell tevez ASAP & get the most proven striker in the league over last few years,darren Bent.

pauljv92 said:
dadobg said:
mcfcirlam said:
Yes I know we have scored more than 50 goals before you think im going crazy.

However my concern is we picked up only two points away from Liverpool, Chelsea West Brom and Sunderland.

Mario and Sergio are great players but they like everything into feet which has made David Silva look like he cant pass the ball.

Edin is our Shaun Goater but I have never thought he is good enough. I do respect the fact that he tries but he is not World Class like Mario and Sergio.

When teams play deep against us we struggle to get behind them and I believe we havent replaced Bellamy and Tevez, like for like and for me thats what is missing especially away from home.

Who do we bring in as like thousands and thousands of us I want to win the league at all costs, dont care how it happens, just make it happen.

If we cant get the Tevez replacement do we stop the loan to Milan, get him fit and win the league.

I hate the situation with Tevez but I AM FUCKING PARANOID about us not winning the league and having those mediocre bastards still on our tail.

We wont get any help from referees, FA Premier League or acceptance by the pundits on winning the title, we must do it against all odds.

I do not think that we need a fourth striker. Mario scored 11 goals 8 in the prem, most of them are tap-ins and two pens. He is not wordclass yet

This is not accurate. Go watch a replays of his goals so far this season. The one against the rags. The one against aston villa. The one against chelsea. Absolutely brilliant goals. Watch more games mate. I think mario is the best striker we have at the moment.

Agreed. Aguero should be, but he's not firing on all cylinders at the moment for some reason. (And neither is Dzeko, clearly). That said, god help the other teams when Aguero starts being clinical again and Dzeko hits a run of form. I am sure this will happen soonish.

Chippy_boy said:
pauljv92 said:
dadobg said:

This is not accurate. Go watch a replays of his goals so far this season. The one against the rags. The one against aston villa. The one against chelsea. Absolutely brilliant goals. Watch more games mate. I think mario is the best striker we have at the moment.

Agreed. Aguero should be, but he's not firing on all cylinders at the moment for some reason. (And neither is Dzeko, clearly). That said, god help the other teams when Aguero starts being clinical again and Dzeko hits a run of form. I am sure this will happen soonish.

Haha yeah. I think dzeko needs a good run of games though. But I always read the training reports but not once have I have heard about dzeko scoring in the 10-a-side games against our own defenders. Odd that is. But I feel he needs to think faster in the premier league and move the ball quicker which he is not doing enough yet. But he is still a class striker. Btw its actually 2 goals against the rags in regards to balotelli. How could I forget, 2 amazing goals and the inducing of the sending-off that resulted in us smashing them so hard it still is having a mental impact on them (i.e the CL results at home and the incredible loss to blackburn)..

Might be worth looking at the loan market for the remainder of the season, rather than buying someone we may then have to sell at a loss in the summer, especially if Guidetti is coming back next year.
Anybody half-decent and preferably experienced potentially available? How about someone Olic at Bayern, formerly of Hamburg, as an example? Anybody else?

pauljv92 said:
Chippy_boy said:
pauljv92 said:

Haha yeah. I think dzeko needs a good run of games though. But I always read the training reports but not once have I have heard about dzeko scoring in the 10-a-side games against our own defenders. Odd that is. But I feel he needs to think faster in the premier league and move the ball quicker which he is not doing enough yet. But he is still a class striker. Btw its actually 2 goals against the rags in regards to balotelli. How could I forget, 2 amazing goals and the inducing of the sending-off that resulted in us smashing them so hard it still is having a mental impact on them (i.e the CL results at home and the incredible loss to blackburn)..

You missed a few.

Ideally any 4th striker would be eligible to play in the Europa League, without displacing one of our better players from our 25 as we might want to have them available if we reach the final. Not sure how much flexibility we have to achieve that.

I cant see us making a big signing in Jan unless its part of a Tevez exchange.

Robbie Keane on a short term loan anyone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.