We need a fourth striker

flixthebixmancity said:
I personally don't feel the need for one at the minute. Although we didn't have an orthodox striker on the bench last night, we still have options.

Yaya and maybe even Milner can push forward with a defensive mid coming on and you can easily make Silva play off someone upfront. Just look at his record when playing in this role for Spain - pretty impressive.

I would say maybe get Guidetti back at the end of the season, or maybe even Scapuzzi, but for now, I think we're OK (only MPO though).

I know he's some athlete,but to push forward from Africa would be beyond even Yaya.Don't you think?

LongsightM13 said:
Might be worth looking at the loan market for the remainder of the season, rather than buying someone we may then have to sell at a loss in the summer, especially if Guidetti is coming back next year.
Anybody half-decent and preferably experienced potentially available? How about someone Olic at Bayern, formerly of Hamburg, as an example? Anybody else?
Olic, possibley Callejon, Defoe, Keane even?

This is not a position we need to blow money on unless the manager deems Dzeko not good enough - then he would have to be replaced with a top forward.

Guidetti will be a good fit in time but a quick fix or extra option (after all, the rags have 7 or 8 strikers, why can't we have 4, 5, or 6?)?

Javier Saviola would be a good choice. 6 months left on his Benfica contract so he would be near enough free and he has lost his starting place there. I know when people think of Saviola they think "wasted potential" as he was supposed to be one of world football's next superstars when he joined Barca and even though he did quite well there, it didn't work out great.

But he's always been a decent goalscorer, is only 30, and is an Argentinian to keep Aguero and Zaba company.

These are Saviola's recent league stats for Benfica since he joined from Real Madrid:

2011/2012: 4 goals in 10 games
2010/2011: 9 goals in 24 games
2009/2010: 11 goals in 27 games

Surely good enough for a bit part/emergency role and he has the technical ability to probably fit into our system.

I also agree that we need another striker.

Dzeko is simply not good enough at converting his chances and although Sergio and Mario are nothing but class, there will be times when one or both of them will be injured, tired or suspended.

We all know that Tevez will not be seen playing for City again, and I think he has been treated very badly, considering there is no complete proof he refused to play. Some people may disagree, but if he had been in the side rather than Dzeko, I'm sure we could have another 20 goals this season.

Although we have scored a multitude of goals this season, I think we do need another striker or midfielder, as I do not feel we have enough players who are clinical with their shooting. I would say the best we have are Johnson, Balotelli and Aguero. As brilliant as he is, Silva sometimes put enough power into his shots and sometimes has a tendency to try and shoot "through" the defender.

We've got one called John Guidetti but for some reason we just refuse to fall onto our kids for some help, it would be a great confidence boost and would spur the rest of the acedemy on if they saw fellow mates getting into the first XI not just for a Carling Cup game..... I've also heard good things on Alex Nimely but apparently he's always plagued with injuries??

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
We've got one called John Guidetti but for some reason we just refuse to fall onto our kids for some help, it would be a great confidence boost and would spur the rest of the acedemy on if they saw fellow mates getting into the first XI not just for a Carling Cup game..... I've also heard good things on Alex Nimely but apparently he's always plagued with injuries??

Yeah, Nimely just can't stay fit for prolonged periods. He is on loan at Middlesborough and when fit only ever seems to come off the bench in the 82nd minute. Lately he's been injured yet again, I just can't see him having a chance here (though he's still only 20, seems to have been around forever), Bunn probably has a greater chance and even he will be very lucky to make it as he is now 19 like Guidetti and Guidetti is a player admired by top clubs like Arsenal while Bunn is impressing in League One... but it's League One. Guidetti is the first real top forward prospect we've had since Sturridge.

LoveCity said:

Yeah, Nimely just can't stay fit for prolonged periods. He is on loan at Middlesborough and when fit only ever seems to come off the bench in the 82nd minute. Lately he's been injured yet again, I just can't see him having a chance here (though he's still only 20, seems to have been around forever), Bunn probably has a greater chance and even he will be very lucky to make it as he is now 19 like Guidetti and Guidetti is a player admired by top clubs like Arsenal while Bunn is impressing in League One... but it's League One. Guidetti is the first real top forward prospect we've had since Sturridge.

My only fear is that these promising youngsters will be demanded to produce far too much in a short amount of time that their chances go begging and will eventually decide to go else where for some first team football.... I'm not sure what happened with Sturridge one side says it was money the other says it was the case of being let go, but we can't let another talent like that go astray....

LoveCity said:

My only fear is that these promising youngsters will be demanded to produce far too much in a short amount of time that their chances go begging and will eventually decide to go else where for some first team football.... I'm not sure what happened with Sturridge one side says it was money the other says it was the case of being let go, but we can't let another talent like that go astray....

Sturridge was all about silly wage demands.We didnt want to let him go but wouldnt bow to down to the silly money he wanted.

Guidetti is in the right situation imo.On loan and playing regularly at a decent level. It will be interesting to see whether he returns to be that 4th striker next year or has another year somewhere on loan or decides to leave us altogether.

paul.manc said:
I also agree that we need another striker.

Dzeko is simply not good enough at converting his chances and although Sergio and Mario are nothing but class, there will be times when one or both of them will be injured, tired or suspended.

We all know that Tevez will not be seen playing for City again, and I think he has been treated very badly, considering there is no complete proof he refused to play. Some people may disagree, but if he had been in the side rather than Dzeko, I'm sure we could have another 20 goals this season.

Although we have scored a multitude of goals this season, I think we do need another striker or midfielder, as I do not feel we have enough players who are clinical with their shooting. I would say the best we have are Johnson, Balotelli and Aguero. As brilliant as he is, Silva sometimes put enough power into his shots and sometimes has a tendency to try and shoot "through" the defender.

No I disagree. With Tevez, the record shows otherwise. We would not have the goal scoring galore, spread wisely & optimally, among our stroika, and even from Silva and the others . For the simple reason Tevez will hogged all the goal-scoring opportunities or attempts. Putting all the 'eggs in one basket' so to speak.

Dzeko on the other hand demonstrated that he was productive & worth every penny or every minute he was on the field last night.

No we don't need a 4th. striker. We need the right 11 (we have a deep squad) starting every match.

OTH, we do need a central midfielder (the most important position that requires a creative attacking & defensive player who can link up effectively with the defense & join in the attacking forays and can score too) to replace Yaya when he is not available!<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:32 pm --<br /><br />Yes John Guidetti will be the right choice when we are ready

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.