We need a United win...

Would suit me if that happened not ideal seeing the rags win at any time but anything that puts distance between us and spurs is good at the minute. Like tolmie says keeping the status quo for one more week at the top and pulling away from spurs suits us, wouldn't turn my nose up at a draw all the same

I'm not fussed and can take the positive either way. If united lose then good, if spurs lose then good. I'm resigned to the thought of united winning the league though and in all honesty considering that top four is absolutely vital to us this year, if anything I'd rather the rags beat spurs and chelsea. It is absolutely vital we make top four this season, next eyar we can mount a strong title challenge

as always i don't give a toss what anyone else does, however a draw and an 8-0 win for us would do me......;-))

but as we play before the spurs and arsenal games (we kick off at 3pm, arse at 5.30pm and spurs on sunday) we need to win to put a little pressure on those two games

I am with you a bit on this one Tolmie but a draw would be the best outcome.

Us beating Utd at OT is key game for us not them against Spurs.

Look at the confidence Spurs got from beating Chelsea and Arsenal near the end of last season. They pipped us for 4th!

They beat the rags and the same could happen.

We must not take Wolves for granted either.They are on a good run at the moment.

I think its game which there are no bad results for us. Positives can be taken no matter the result!

Is anyone else looking at Sunderland, and maybe Bolton, and thinking that if Spurs and Chelsea had a bad run of form (which Chelsea of course are), one of those clubs could - no matter how unlikely and how briefly - slip into the top four?

For the record: I don't think it would stay that way 'til the end of the season. I barely even think that there's a chance it would. But it would be really interesting if it did, even if it lasted a day and no longer.

I understand the opposition to a United win.

But Spuds still have a game on us and nobody can seriously say hand on heart they can't come to us and not win?

Consequently, we need to put further space between us 4/5th.

People seem to forget finishing outside the top three would mean Champs League qualifiers.

Keep United in our sights two points above, we still have to go there, they still have to travel to Chelsea (game in hand), Arsenal and Liverpool.

We will have done fantastically well to finish third IMO. Next year has to be the plan.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I understand the opposition to a United win.

But Spuds still have a game on us and nobody can seriously say hand on heart they can't come to us and not win?

Consequently, we need to put further space between us 4/5th.

People seem to forget finishing outside the top three would mean Champs League qualifiers.

Keep United in our sights two points above, we still have to go there, they still have to travel to Chelsea (game in hand), Arsenal and Liverpool.

We will have done fantastically well to finish third IMO. Next year has to be the plan.
I agree with the 3rd position quote. Finishing blow 3rd is a failure in my opinon, given the money spent and plus its just like us to get some crack Ukranian outfit in the quali's, and lose. It has to be 3rd or above to be deemed as a successful season. I still think though that Spurs' thin squad and their CL campaign will be their downfall in the league, especially if they get an injury to a key player.

Rammy Blue said:
Know where you are coming from Tolm but imo us getting 3 points is all that matters, Chelsea are my bet for missing out on top4 so not all that bothered about who drops points out of scum and spuds.

wow! would you ever believe that statement 5 games into the season when Chelsea was on fire?

Completely agree with what you said there. Chelsea are fucked at the min and really need to start picking up more points. SSN are always jumping at us when there seems to be team mate fighting and they must be dressing room unrest in the camp. IMO Chelsea have far worse than us, but do they go on about it? do they fuck.

The best result for us when any of the other top teams play each other is a draw. It's simple maths. If we declare that we are no longer challenging for the title then we also declare who we want to win it. From then on that team winning against the other top teams is best. This is the OPs position. It isn't mine. Why concede the title to the Rags in January? As long as we can theoretically win it, that should be our aim. When that is no longer theoretically possible then let's aim for second best. The important thing is to aim for a win every game but be realistic in our expectations and not turn into screaming children when we don't get what we want.

It's a competition and we are in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.