We need a United win...

Pigeonho said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I understand the opposition to a United win.

But Spuds still have a game on us and nobody can seriously say hand on heart they can't come to us and not win?

Consequently, we need to put further space between us 4/5th.

People seem to forget finishing outside the top three would mean Champs League qualifiers.

Keep United in our sights two points above, we still have to go there, they still have to travel to Chelsea (game in hand), Arsenal and Liverpool.

We will have done fantastically well to finish third IMO. Next year has to be the plan.
I agree with the 3rd position quote. Finishing blow 3rd is a failure in my opinon, given the money spent and plus its just like us to get some crack Ukranian outfit in the quali's, and lose. It has to be 3rd or above to be deemed as a successful season. I still think though that Spurs' thin squad and their CL campaign will be their downfall in the league, especially if they get an injury to a key player.

Well Bale went off with a back injury last night. Here's hoping!

never, ever, ever utter those word again. the rags need a defeat and they will go and do a chelsea coz they are shite and getting the rub of everyones green at present.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Here me out, the grander scheme of things.

Spuds play Manure at White Hart Lane next week, we play Wolves at home.

On the face of it, we always want United to lose and we could do above United with a defeat and a win for us.

But surely a United and City win keeps the current status quo and Spuds would be nine points behind us with a game in hand.

I think come the end of the season United will be on their own at the top of the league. I don't think they'll brush all aside and piss it, i don't think they'll even play well consistently, but i just think they've got a bit more than us and Arsenal to win the league, especially experience.

So any Rag win against anyone but ourselves will be good for us. Many will disagree with that and say we should be challenging for the title ourselves, but i just don't think that we're capable just yet.

But all i'm bothered about really is how we do, what results we get, how many goals we score and how well we play. If we do enough to keep me entertained, happy and get into the top 4 i really don't care about anyone else. It doesn't bother me at all if United win the league if we finished 3rd. I'd actually be extatic that we acheived our third best season finish in 60 years!

I would rather stick pins in my eyes than admit that I want Manure to win. I totally agree with the 'we must look up' sentiments and aim to win it this year.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Here me out, the grander scheme of things.

Spuds play Manure at White Hart Lane next week, we play Wolves at home.

On the face of it, we always want United to lose and we could do above United with a defeat and a win for us.

But surely a United and City win keeps the current status quo and Spuds would be nine points behind us with a game in hand.

A draw would be and awesome result for us.... Always want us to win and everyone else to draw!!!!!

Gelsons Dad said:
The best result for us when any of the other top teams play each other is a draw. It's simple maths. If we declare that we are no longer challenging for the title then we also declare who we want to win it. From then on that team winning against the other top teams is best. This is the OPs position. It isn't mine. Why concede the title to the Rags in January? As long as we can theoretically win it, that should be our aim. When that is no longer theoretically possible then let's aim for second best. The important thing is to aim for a win every game but be realistic in our expectations and not turn into screaming children when we don't get what we want.

It's a competition and we are in it.

You miss my point. I am talking about the long game. You eliminate battles on more than one front, so you can concentrate on the task in hand.

One more week makes no odds to the reality of the situation we would basically be still two points behind United.

Which is why Mancini sees the bigger picture and your own stance differs.

He didn't see it as setting up to lose two points last night, simply to gain one.

He is correctly picking and choosing our battles.

A team may want to win the Champions League, doesn't stop them from thinking the first leg is only part of the equation.

We are short when it comes to the title, admittedly not as much as I thought we would be a couple months back.

Whilst there is opportunity, there is hope, but ours is a team which is evolving for the battles and years to come.

United's is seemingly one last hurrah from a team which is managed by a genius who cannot live forever.

If we are within four points of the title we will have had a phenomenal season.

Added to what I expect to be at least one trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.