We need an A-list signing ?

FrancoisToure said:
zlaz3r said:
Now hear me up.

We haven't really bought an A-list player for a while now, and i think Aguero was the last one.
If we want to see our self as a top 5 club in the world we will need to get an A-list signing if not every summer transfer window at least one each second season.

This is not for sporting reason but branding as well.

We are building up a big franchise in Asia lately with some good sponsorship, now we need a new spearhead for those advertisement besides Aguero in my opinion.

The last few season he heard that we now are focusing on quality instead of quantity, which to be honest haven't really been fur filled.

I am loving the signings of Fernandinho and Navas so far, they bring exactly what we have needed for a few seasons now. But to be honest it is a bit worrying we lost out on Isco, and Cavani is overpriced yes, but most A-list signings are.

A-list Players that are left which in theory we possible could buy are.

Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez (Mehhhhh)
Cavani

Do we need 1 game changing player, instead of 3 solid team players ?

IMO Bale is the only one on the list that meets the marketing needs.

Suarez would be a PR disaster for us.

I just hope the manager and these other two know what they are doing because if not we may struggle again.

BigOscar said:
fredmont said:
The best players are not always top dollar. If A.Madrid can spot the likes of Aguero and Falcao why can't we? I bet we spend a fortune on scouting. We have a habit of buying players at over the odds and selling them for what is, in todays terms, sweet f.a.
Ateltico hardly "spotted" Falcao, he'd just gone unbeaten in the league and set the record for most goals in the Europa League, then they bought him for about £40m.
£10m profit, good enough spot for me.

zlaz3r said:
Now hear me up.

We haven't really bought an A-list player for a while now, and i think Aguero was the last one.
If we want to see our self as a top 5 club in the world we will need to get an A-list signing if not every summer transfer window at least one each second season.

We are building up a big franchise in Asia lately with some good sponsorship, now we need a new spearhead for those advertisement besides Aguero in my opinion.

The last few season he heard that we now are focusing on quality instead of quantity, which to be honest haven't really been fur filled.

I am loving the signings of Fernandinho and Navas so far, they bring exactly what we have needed for a few seasons now. But to be honest it is a bit worrying we lost out on Isco, and Cavani is overpriced yes, but most A-list signings are.

Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez (Mehhhhh)
Cavani

I agree 100%

zlaz3r said:
Now hear me up.

Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez (Mehhhhh)
Cavani

Could not diasagree more

We have the A listers Silva, Yaya Aguero, the simple fact is that the blueprint for success is the swamp. For years Ferguson dismantled and built new teams and been successful and he has done so with a few A list players and the rest of the team players whom without doubt are decent footballers but also have a certain mental and physical attributes.

This fixation with A list players is bollocks, we have our A list players like Hart,Yaya, Vinny, Silva and Aguero and we have top top players is miost other positions.

What we need are players with the mental and physical attributes whom will run through brick walls for the club, the manager, each other and the fans, thats not to say we cant have any my point is we already have thwm. Regardless of how you cut it Rags have spent millions on players many on here whom have said what the fuck? when they were bought (Smalling and Jones spring to mind) but they have been successful.

The EPL is a unique league, in no other league will you find such a spectrum in footballing styles from Stoke at one end to City at the other and to be successful you need a certain type of player / team. The difficulty is that we need a different team for the CL

Like it or not the days of splashing the cash are over in the sense that we cant expect to smash a Brisitsh transfer record every year. Our owners are trying to balance the books and we can see the debt coming down the academy going up.

I would like us to follow the barca, Madrid and bayern model in the fact they sign a huge name every season. Obviously if isco had come then we'd have been buzzing but hopefully we still have that big name to come in. The young Roma players tolm mentioned would be fantastic business though as well!

Have we ever made many A list signings? Not to my recollection. We bought plenty of B list players who people now consider A listers, like Silva, Tevez and Yaya, but other than Aguero I can't think of too many "A list" signings we've made. Balotelli would probably be the most A list after Aguero, but he had serious question marks about him after falling out with Mourinho

BigOscar said:
Have we ever made many A list signings? Not to my recollection. We bought plenty of B list players who people now consider A listers, like Silva, Tevez and Yaya, but other than Aguero I can't think of too many "A list" signings we've made. Balotelli would probably be the most A list after Aguero, but he had serious question marks about him after falling out with Mourinho

Robinho was "A list" when city bought him, was he not?

FlatlineMonday said:
BigOscar said:

Robinho was "A list" when city bought him, was he not?
Completely forgot about him, I wonder why? Yeah, I don't think much thought went into that from anyone involved tbh! the owners seemed to give up on A list after the Kaka-Cook "bottled it" fiasco, not suprisingly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.