We need an A-list signing ?

not my fault! said:
itsnevereasy said:
Don't give a shit about "A List" signings that help marketing etc. Lets build a fucking team that plays with passion and watch those players become superstars in a City shirt instead of trying to buy them in.

Agree 100% & I'll add I don't give a damn what the media or other fans of other clubs think of our signing either! Fuck em.

I dont get this 'spanish fans laughing' thing either... La Liga has lost a good goalscorer and their league will poorer for it.

I think isoc although not necissarily an A list player, wouldve made the manority of city fans happy. He looks certain to go far, i disagree with the fact we should buy a superstar a season just for the sake of it.

BillyShears said:
zlaz3r said:
Now hear me up.

We haven't really bought an A-list player for a while now, and i think Aguero was the last one.
If we want to see our self as a top 5 club in the world we will need to get an A-list signing if not every summer transfer window at least one each second season.

This is not for sporting reason but branding as well.

We are building up a big franchise in Asia lately with some good sponsorship, now we need a new spearhead for those advertisement besides Aguero in my opinion.

The last few season he heard that we now are focusing on quality instead of quantity, which to be honest haven't really been fur filled.

I am loving the signings of Fernandinho and Navas so far, they bring exactly what we have needed for a few seasons now. But to be honest it is a bit worrying we lost out on Isco, and Cavani is overpriced yes, but most A-list signings are.

A-list Players that are left which in theory we possible could buy are.

Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez (Mehhhhh)
Cavani

Do we need 1 game changing player, instead of 3 solid team players ?

We've had three A List signings in the last 12 months. People just don't realise it yet.

Soriano, Begiristain, and Pellegrini.

Watch and learn what comes in the next couple of years.

Come on how can you say that?

BillyShears said:
zlaz3r said:
Now hear me up.

We haven't really bought an A-list player for a while now, and i think Aguero was the last one.
If we want to see our self as a top 5 club in the world we will need to get an A-list signing if not every summer transfer window at least one each second season.

We are building up a big franchise in Asia lately with some good sponsorship, now we need a new spearhead for those advertisement besides Aguero in my opinion.

The last few season he heard that we now are focusing on quality instead of quantity, which to be honest haven't really been fur filled.

I am loving the signings of Fernandinho and Navas so far, they bring exactly what we have needed for a few seasons now. But to be honest it is a bit worrying we lost out on Isco, and Cavani is overpriced yes, but most A-list signings are.

Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez (Mehhhhh)
Cavani

We've had three A List signings in the last 12 months. People just don't realise it yet.

one out of three ain't bad.

zlaz3r said:
Now hear me up.

Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez (Mehhhhh)
Cavani

IMO Bale is the only one on the list that meets the marketing needs.

de niro said:
BillyShears said:
zlaz3r said:
Now hear me up.

Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez (Mehhhhh)
Cavani

one out of three ain't bad.
Which ones going to sell the shirts mate?

The best players are not always top dollar. If A.Madrid can spot the likes of Aguero and Falcao why can't we? I bet we spend a fortune on scouting. We have a habit of buying players at over the odds and selling them for what is, in todays terms, sweet f.a.

fredmont said:
The best players are not always top dollar. If A.Madrid can spot the likes of Aguero and Falcao why can't we? I bet we spend a fortune on scouting. We have a habit of buying players at over the odds and selling them for what is, in todays terms, sweet f.a.
Ateltico hardly "spotted" Falcao, he'd just gone unbeaten in the league and set the record for most goals in the Europa League, then they bought him for about £40m.

BigOscar said:
fredmont said:
Ateltico hardly "spotted" Falcao, he'd just gone unbeaten in the league and set the record for most goals in the Europa League, then they bought him for about £40m.

Aguero wasn't exactly unknown either. Would be like us buying Bruma now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.