We now need to sign a big name more than ever...

SalfordCityBlue said:
Damocles said:
Yes you can.

It shows that we are trying to sign big players, but are also signing players who will improve the team. This Typical City stuff is bollocks, thousands of clubs out there would kill to be in our position right now, and for the people who have been a fan longer than a few years and remember the Division 2 days, we should count ourselves lucky at the current team of talented players we are assembling.

Only two years ago, Cattermole and Bellamy would be cause for huge celebration

Don't throw that wanky 'new fan' bullshit around mate, it's cheap.

I had a season ticket in division two and went to about 75% of the aways that year too. I think still have the book somewhere - I can post it to you if you think it will validate my right to an opinion?

I have been consistent in my view that Hughes cannot and will not deliver the signings the owners want, and I am not 'spitting my dummy out' and blaming Hughes because the Eto'o deal fell through.

See this post from 11 June:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=126730&p=2055688#p2055688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/vi ... 8#p2055688</a>

This wasn't a personal dig at you, more an observation on some of the other posters, sorry if it came across like that.
The point I was making is that we need to be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day. I know you aren't going to like that, but it's just how things are done. We cannot convince players to join us in the stage of their career that that Eto/Kaka are in without a European competition to strut their stuff in.

OMFG these planks wonder why there is so much arguing and bitching on here!
its because, (partly) as soon as someone has a different opinion they are accused of not being a 'proper blue' or 'a new fan who cant remember the bad old days' well guess what, most of us do remember and have been going to the match more than a season FFS!!
its the same when someone questions an ITK everyone jumps on them like a pack of dogs when in actual fact NONE of these pretenders know a fucking thing more than anyone else!!

SalfordCityBlue said:
Johnny_on said:
Ridiculous, Now, now,now....more, more, more.... me, me, me...

Time planning and foundations will leave us in good stead for the future.... Not going after players and managers based on stats from FIFA 09.....

Gimme one example of what you want, actually working.... Madrid Galaticos :-) Joke, and they will be again this year.... they still wont win the league....

Another shite and cheap argument. Eto'o, Kaka, Terry opinions based on stats from FIFA 09? What planet are you on?

Examples of spending money working?

United.
Chelsea.
Blackburn.
Leeds (admittedly they were fucked when the money dried up lol).
Etc
Etc
Etc

We are trying to spend the money but the club is not attractive enough for two reasons:

1) we aren't in Europe (Hughes' fault)
2) Hughes has no reputation outside of the bargain basement clubs in England.

Sorry, but it's true.

We have picked the most ridiculously stupid time to suddenly back a manager, and that is most definitely 'typical City'.

United have had continued investment their whole life.
Chelsea were already top four.
Leeds were pushing up that way, and the bottom fell out of them.
Blackburn is a better example, though again, another team that didn't actually sign world beaters.

Damocles said:
This wasn't a personal dig at you, more an observation on some of the other posters, sorry if it came across like that.
The point I was making is that we need to be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day. I know you aren't going to like that, but it's just how things are done. We cannot convince players to join us in the stage of their career that that Eto/Kaka are in without a European competition to strut their stuff in.

Fair play, I am not easily offended...

It's not a lack of patience though, I have been a City fan too long to think anything will ever come without heartache. I would find that much easier if we had a real manager though, that's just the way it is.

In my heart and my head I know that Hughes will not be successful and will be gone sooner rather than later - it is frustrating as fuck to feel we are going to waste another season or so waiting for him to be sacked before we can actually start to make real progress (however long that takes).

SalfordCityBlue said:
Johnny_on said:

Time planning and foundations will leave us in good stead for the future.... Not going after players and managers based on stats from FIFA 09.....

Gimme one example of what you want, actually working.... Madrid Galaticos :-) Joke, and they will be again this year.... they still wont win the league....

Another shite and cheap argument. Eto'o, Kaka, Terry opinions based on stats from FIFA 09? What planet are you on?

United.
Chelsea.
Blackburn.
Etc
Etc
Etc

We are trying to spend the money but the club is not attractive enough for two reasons:

Sorry, but it's true.

We have picked the most ridiculously stupid time to suddenly back a manager, and that is most definitely 'typical City'.

You just used Blackburn one season success and Leeds currently crippled as examples of the way to go... Then the other two teams were done over MANY seasons... dirty reds and chelski... I want to do it the way they have done it.... but that is not popping in a new manager every year when the don't meet expectations...look how well thats gone for Chelski...

Your better at proving my point than i am...

SalfordCityBlue said:
Johnny_on said:

United.
Chelsea.
Blackburn.
Etc
Etc
Etc

Sorry, but it's true.

Would attracting a top class manager be any easier than attracting top class players though? Its essentially the same thing...throw a load of money at them and see if it sticks.

Jose would say no. After him, I'm running out of candidates I would want, because Jose is the only one I see coming in and making an immediate impact (only my opinion of course). Once the club is consistently in the CL, that is when we will be able to attract whoever, whenever - managers or players.

Its like the chicken and the egg at the moment.

Johnny_on said:
You just used Blackburn one season success and Leeds currently crippled as examples of the way to go... Then the other two teams were done over MANY seasons... dirty reds and chelski... I want to do it the way they have done it.... but that is not popping in a new manager every year when the don't meet expectations...look how well thats gone for Chelski...

I don't want to change the manager every year, and again I have been consistent in my view on this...

One more change to get the right man in and we're sitting pretty - the envy of the footballing world.

We should not stick with the wrong man simply because we have made bad decisions in the past.

Although I still maintain that our mistakes have not been in the sackings, but in the hiring of the wrong man in the first place many, many times over.

Anyone who believes Hughes is the reason for not getting Kaka and Eto'o is dillusional.

Kaka wouldn't go to Chelsea to be with Ancelotti, what does that tell you?

Eto'o, unless you have direct quotes from Eto'o saying "I did not go to Man City because of the manager" is a nothing argument. Nobody has any idea what is going on with that guy!

Who are the other big names Hughes has failed to attract?

SalfordCityBlue said:
Damocles said:

Fair play, I am not easily offended...

It's not a lack of patience though, I have been a City fan too long to think anything will ever come without heartache. I would find that much easier if we had a real manager though, that's just the way it is.

In my heart and my head I know that Hughes will not be successful and will be gone sooner rather than later - it is frustrating as fuck to feel we are going to waste another season or so waiting for him to be sacked before we can actually start to make real progress (however long that takes).

Fair enough, I think we just have differing opinions on this and neither of us will be convinced by the other. I like Hughes' professionalism, his focus on fitness and work rate, and his general ideas about how to play football. Considering he took Wales to within a hair of qualification (and beat a full strength Brazil side) then took Blackburn to heights they haven't experienced for years, I think we have a good man in there to be pushing forward with. I'm not saying he will win us the league, or the CL, but I do think that he can take us up to the next step.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Johnny_on said:

I don't want to change the manager every year, and again I have been consistent in my view on this...

One more change to get the right man in and we're sitting pretty - the envy of the footballing world.

We should not stick with the wrong man simply because we have made bad decisions in the past.

Although I still maintain that our mistakes have not been in the sackings, but in the hiring of the wrong man in the first place many, many times over.

We'll have to agree to disagree, i guess time will tell whether Hughes is the right man.....

We're all blues here and lets not forget that.... Its obvious from your comments you care about City, i guess it'd be boring if we all had the same ideas....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.