We WILL win the league next season.

babua_blue said:
mou has this history of not getting the best results in his first season usually
Yeh, just the 95 points in his debut season for Chelsea last time around.

MJMRuiz said:
babua_blue said:
mou has this history of not getting the best results in his first season usually
Thats y i used the word usually mate..consider his inter and real madrid debut seasons aswell

NipHolmes said:
Bold call but I am certain of it.

Under Txiki and Pellegrini we now have a more balanced side and I expect players to start playing the way they did in the tail end of 2011.

Nasri and Silva played in their best positions through the middle. A top level holding player instead of a good but ageing Barry. Hopefully Rodwell can make his worth felt too.

Formations likely to be
4-3-3
-------------------------Hart--------------------------
Zabaleta--------Kompany----Nastasic-------------Clichy
----------------------Fernandinho----------------------
--------------------Yaya----Silva----------------------
Navas-------------------------------------------Jovetic
-------------------------Aguero------------------------

4-2-2-2
-------------------------Hart--------------------------
Zabaleta--------Kompany----Nastasic-------------Clichy
-------------------Yaya---Fernandinho-----------------
---------Jovetic----------------------Silva-------------
-----------------Negredo------Ageuro------------------

Milner, Nasri, Barry, Lescott, Dzeko and Micah will all be vital to us throughout the season and I cannot help but feel Pellegrini's calmness and experience will guide us through turbulence whilst we remain successful.

I can't wait for 2013/14 to kick off.

man-city_2219523b.jpg

Just you wait and see ;)

Hell yeah Nip..thats the spirit..

Pellegrini will most likely field a 4-2-3-1 side with us going into 4-3-3/4-2-2-2 as a in game adjustment plan b/c with his tactical flexibility. 4-1-4-1 which I said in a previous thread has lead to high scoring games both won and lost. For us the 4-1-4-1 maybe used when we really need to get a result as 5 players will be pushing for space in front of goal to score.

babua_blue said:
MJMRuiz said:
babua_blue said:
Thats y i used the word usually mate..consider his inter and real madrid debut seasons aswell
His time at Real Madrid is largely irrelevant, I'm in the minority here but I think his time in Madrid was a success. His competition was the arguably the greatest club side in history, to win the league once in three seasons is quite an achievement considering Barcelona were out of this world at the time. Inter won the league with ease that season, too. I'm going to assume that you're basing this on the improvement between his first season and the incredible second season at Inter, which indeed was an improvement on the first, but you rarely achieve CL success without putting in a season or two's worth of foundations.

hart
zaba Kompany nastasic clichy

yaya fernandinho
silva
navas Sergio
negredo

valdes
alves pique puyol alba

xavi busquets
iniesta
sanchez pedro
messi

our formation will be like barca, not a 4-2-3-1 because an out and out winger is used, but a 4-3-3 with an attacking midfielder used to make it a bit like 4-2-3-1

messi obviously different to negredo as hes a false 9 striker but jovetic or aguero can be that kind of striker. but would be foolish to have navas' crosses without a big man up top to header them in

I'm generally optimistic about what Pellegrini will be able to do with the squad at his disposal, but if he can beat Mourinho to the title he'll deserve every plaudit he gets, and then some.

There are elements of Mourinho's managerial style that aren't perfect, certainly, but despite that he is one of the best ever and we should be under no illusions as to how hard it will be to beat them to the title. It won't be impossible but it will be very, very difficult.

MJMRuiz said:
babua_blue said:
MJMRuiz said:
His time at Real Madrid is largely irrelevant, I'm in the minority here but I think his time in Madrid was a success. His competition was the arguably the greatest club side in history, to win the league once in three seasons is quite an achievement considering Barcelona were out of this world at the time. Inter won the league with ease that season, too. I'm going to assume that you're basing this on the improvement between his first season and the incredible second season at Inter, which indeed was an improvement on the first, but you rarely achieve CL success without putting in a season or two's worth of foundations.
Thats exactly the point i am making..mou's teams perform to their level best in their second season..and hence i feel while he settles and performes his therapies to build his team in his first season , lets go out there and win the title .the fact that we have recruited smartly and mou lost cavani battle n may miss roo also may further give us an upper hand..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.