We WILL win the league next season.

NipHolmes said:
Bold call but I am certain of it.

Under Txiki and Pellegrini we now have a more balanced side and I expect players to start playing the way they did in the tail end of 2011.

Nasri and Silva played in their best positions through the middle. A top level holding player instead of a good but ageing Barry. Hopefully Rodwell can make his worth felt too.

Formations likely to be
4-3-3
-------------------------Hart--------------------------
Zabaleta--------Kompany----Nastasic-------------Clichy
----------------------Fernandinho----------------------
--------------------Yaya----Silva----------------------
Navas-------------------------------------------Jovetic
-------------------------Aguero------------------------

4-2-2-2
-------------------Yaya---Fernandinho-----------------
---------Jovetic----------------------Silva-------------
-----------------Negredo------Ageuro------------------

Milner, Nasri, Barry, Lescott, Dzeko and Micah will all be vital to us throughout the season and I cannot help but feel Pellegrini's calmness and experience will guide us through turbulence whilst we remain successful.

I can't wait for 2013/14 to kick off.

man-city_2219523b.jpg

Just you wait and see ;)

My glass is always far too half empty to predict a City title win, but this season.......is no exception! To borrow from Manuel's very own book, I think there's too many pianists and not enough violin players. Of the 10 or so attacking midfielders and forwards, we are almost entirely reliant on just one for pace and width (and he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet), there are no 'natural' left sided midfielders in the squad with an associated shortcoming at left back, and at centre back we are injury to Kompany, which is not an uncommon eventuality, away from a very ponderous looking combo of Garcia plus either one of Lescott or Nasty.

Some great players in the squad unquestionably, but I'm not convinced there's sufficient balance and pace in there yet for us to play at a significantly higher tempo (which we need to) than we did last season, and overcome the issues we had last year with the high pressers and the bus parkers. If everyone stays fit, then we'll certainly be in the mix, but at the moment the enduring fitness of Aguero, Kompany and Navas holds the key........... Dons tin hat and steps away from the keyboard

All depends on injuries.

Whichever elite team stays the healthiest pretty much always wins the title. It's as simple as that really. Doesn't matter how good you are if you're hit hard with injuries.

NoahCity said:
Listening to some people on here we are doomed

Welcome to Bluemoon

To be fair, a pessimist is in a win win situation, if we do win it all the better but if we fail to, they can say I told you so.

I am very optimistic by the way, but that's just the way I am

Exeter Blue I am here said:
NipHolmes said:

Under Txiki and Pellegrini we now have a more balanced side and I expect players to start playing the way they did in the tail end of 2011.

Nasri and Silva played in their best positions through the middle. A top level holding player instead of a good but ageing Barry. Hopefully Rodwell can make his worth felt too.

Formations likely to be
4-3-3

4-2-2-2

Milner, Nasri, Barry, Lescott, Dzeko and Micah will all be vital to us throughout the season and I cannot help but feel Pellegrini's calmness and experience will guide us through turbulence whilst we remain successful.

man-city_2219523b.jpg

Just you wait and see ;)

My glass is always far too half empty to predict a City title win, but this season.......is no exception! To borrow from Manuel's very own book, I think there's too many pianists and not enough violin players. Of the 10 or so attacking midfielders and forwards, we are almost entirely reliant on just one for pace and width (and he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet), there are no 'natural' left sided midfielders in the squad with an associated shortcoming at left back, and at centre back we are injury to Kompany, which is not an uncommon eventuality, away from a very ponderous looking combo of Garcia plus either one of Lescott or Nasty.

Some great players in the squad unquestionably, but I'm not convinced there's sufficient balance and pace in there yet for us to play at a significantly higher tempo (which we need to) than we did last season, and overcome the issues we had last year with the high pressers and the bus parkers. If everyone stays fit, then we'll certainly be in the mix, but at the moment the enduring fitness of Aguero, Kompany and Navas holds the key........... Dons tin hat and steps away from the keyboard

I had hoped we would pursue Arda Turan. He is imo the most underrated top player in Europe.

Him on the left would have been a big bonus for us.

Glass is quarter full for me. If we sold Sinclair, Garcia and Kolarov I'd be full glass. I'd even go for Baines and use him as a left winger if possible. People think that would be outrageous but you only have too look at Bale to see improvements when an attacking talent advances up the pitch. His deliveries are tidy, his set pieces wonderful and workrate one of the best. Him and Clichy on the left flank would work well.

NipHolmes said:

Formations likely to be
4-3-3

4-2-2-2

man-city_2219523b.jpg

Just you wait and see ;)

I don't think it's a bold claim mate.

I think we'll piss the league.

I hate all this optimism.

We will do well, we will finish top 4 but i dont think we will piss the league.

we might win it but if we do we will make hard work of it.

This is city. I love city. But they have always make me suffer. the only season they havent was 2011 when we won the cup, and even then I was in in hospital thinking I was dying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.