We WILL win the league next season.

Told you before nip
It's harder for us not win it than win it

That's when you said you would be happy with 2nd and even 3rd on pelles first season
Glad you have seen the light :)

Get to the bookies and lump on and lump on again.

skelpomike said:
I am REALLY looking forward to the rags v chelsea match next week. Hopefully we will have had another nice win then we can sit back and try and work out who our biggest threat is. I still think this season is going to be close and can't see any of the top teams running away with it. Hopefully I'm proved wrong and we have it in the bag by Christmas though.
Way too early to work out who the main threat is. Look at last season... Chelsea flew out of the traps and looked incredible. Hazard, Mata and co were tearing everyone apart. Then they dropped off the pace. Way too early for predictions. Just got to play the games, have a "one at a time" mentality and see what's what later in the season.

PetAst said:
still think we need defensive cover.

I think we are one top class central defender away from having a real go at the CL this year too.

Lescott for all his defensive quality just doesn't look comfortable when the ball is at his feet.

More confident than ever that the league will be a breeze this year. Obviously i'm getting carried away after 1 league game but the depth of the squad, the zippiness (might have just made that word up) of the wingers and the new manager coming in all have a nice 'feel good' factor.

NipHolmes said:
Given Newcastle an absolute tonking and still got Richards, Nastasic and Jovetic to enter the fold. A CB short but by end of the window a very tidy squad up there with anyone in Europe.

We shall fight them at the bridge,
We shall fight them at the swamp
We shall fight till the end,
We shall never surrender,
We will win the league,
We are City!
I think we will win it too. I also think we will have a strong showing in the champs league too.

We've got a squad brimfull of quality now. United and chelsea are well behind. A top centre half and we have got the lot.

Tricky_Trev said:
skelpomike said:
I am REALLY looking forward to the rags v chelsea match next week. Hopefully we will have had another nice win then we can sit back and try and work out who our biggest threat is. I still think this season is going to be close and can't see any of the top teams running away with it. Hopefully I'm proved wrong and we have it in the bag by Christmas though.
Way too early to work out who the main threat is. Look at last season... Chelsea flew out of the traps and looked incredible. Hazard, Mata and co were tearing everyone apart. Then they dropped off the pace. Way too early for predictions. Just got to play the games, have a "one at a time" mentality and see what's what later in the season.

I agree.

I am hopeful that the rags will have a poor season with their downgrade of a manager, and maybe a long overdue RVP injury. (Sorry, I don't wish him any ill personally but his injury record is rubbish and yet since joining them he's been rock solid.)

But they are like a bad smell that just won't go away. And even if we keep winning games, we can't do anything about whether or not they keep winning theirs, which is what happened last season - they just would not stop winning.

And we have to remember, they have a crazily easy run in.

Britpop95 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I think we will win it too. I also think we will have a strong showing in the champs league too

I've been saying that for two years! Third time lucky and all that!
We have had the best squad for two years now but this squad and team is the best we have ever had. It's a markedly better balanced squad than the title winning season, and I think that the morale, organisation and mentality is going to be better too.

You can't legislate for bad luck or a bad draw in the champions league, but I think we are up there in the top four or five teams in Europe now. And that means, given a fair wind, an outside chance of winning it.

Tricky_Trev said:
skelpomike said:

Chelsea have done that a few times in the last few years and everyone says they are the team to beat, the moral of the story is, it aint over till it's over, it's a bloody long season, and this season looks like it's going to be very competitive, even Spuds look like they could challenge. Many a trip and fall along the way

Ducado said:
Tricky_Trev said:
skelpomike said:

Chelsea have done that a few times in the last few years and everyone says they are the team to beat, the moral of the story is, it aint over till it's over, it's a bloody long season, and this season looks like it's going to be very competitive, even Spuds look like they could challenge. Many a trip and fall along the way
Chelsea are weaker at the back and weaker in defensive midfield than us. You'd be a brave man to argue that they are match for us as an attacking threat too, although that's their strength. They can't match aguero and they can't match silva.

They don't scare me one bit, Jose or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.