We Will Win the League - They're I've Said It

Next 9 games Rags play no one of note. Only tricky games for them being QPR Fulham, and Villa away. I would still expect them to take at least 23 points from the next 27.

We play Liverpool twice, Arsenal and Chelsea. If we can get 23 points in our next 9 games then I will believe it. Wont be easy though.

Statt0 said:
My heart agrees with the OP. My head says still far too early...

Last 2 teams to have W11 D1 L0 in first 12 games were were Dippers in 90/91 and Rags in 85/86. Both FAILED to go on and win the league - Utd finsihing 4th and Liverpool 2nd
i remember it well
the first runner to come fourth in a one horse race

I don't think people realise how much the league can change within one week or two,we can win the league of course we can you just have to look at how we are playing at this moment in time we look like a team full of confidence,a team thats close together as a group and to top it all off world class players who are on form,but to say we will win the league at this stage of the season is a little naive.There is still a very very long way to go and we don't know what can happen in the future I.e injuries suspensions and so on.the next few weeks are going to be a real big test for us and if we can get threw all of them unscathed then I will still feel the same way. its going to be difficult to maintain this kind of form all season and I will only say were going to win the league when its mathematically impossible for anyone else to.the best way for us to win the league is to keep working as hard as possible week after week after week and to take one game at a time, I must say the advantage we have is the ability to rest players and swap and change throughout the course of the season.Other teams can do this as well but they can't bring in the quality we have.

Although I can understand the optimism due to our current form its much to early to say we're going to win it! I agree this side is capable of doing it but i'd prefer not to get ahead of myself just yet. Big tests to come all over the place in the league, likely we'll still be in Europe in either competition, we're gonna lose Yaya for the ANC and say we pick up a couple of injuries to the likes of SIlva and Milner and lose De Jong and Vinnie through suspensions that will eventually come our way. Still a long way to go folks and its gonna be a hell of a journey!

mmadave1 said:
I don't think people realise how much the league can change within one week or two,we can win the league of course we can you just have to look at how we are playing at this moment in time we look like a team full of confidence,a team thats close together as a group and to top it all off world class players who are on form,but to say we will win the league at this stage of the season is a little naive.There is still a very very long way to go and we don't know what can happen in the future I.e injuries suspensions and so on.the next few weeks are going to be a real big test for us and if we can get threw all of them unscathed then I will still feel the same way. its going to be difficult to maintain this kind of form all season and I will only say were going to win the league when its mathematically impossible for anyone else to.the best way for us to win the league is to keep working as hard as possible week after week after week and to take one game at a time, I must say the advantage we have is the ability to rest players and swap and change throughout the course of the season.Other teams can do this as well but they can't bring in the quality we have.

I agree with all of the above and even though in my original post I said we'd win the league I also tempered it with the fact that at this moment in time there are actually three teams in the race, us, United and Tottenham. The rest I honestly think are too far behind and neither of the aforementioned three potential winners will lose enough games for the others to make up the difference. It won't be easy and there's going to be hurdles to overcome and we will fall on our arse on occasions but overall im convinced this squad (just look at that bench) is too strong for the rest. Don't forget those other teams, United and Tottenham will also have injuries, suspensions and a run of poor form we won't be alone in that. And don't forget if we let Tevez go in January then im guessing we're going to replace him a player of similar ability for the final push.

squirtyflower said:
at half time i was purring with the way we were playing

we weren't at our best but we completely controlled the game and dominated possession, the players ooze confidence and the link play is assured

yet i came home to listen to shearer and hansen say we were poor at not at the races

oh well back to mediocrity for us then

Funny that.. i thought we played some of the best passing moves i,ve ever seen a city side pull off.towards the end of the game i was on the edge of my seat at the sheer quality of our play...then i see hansen say we had an off day...are you sure Alan?

Just say we lose to pool the rags win they are 2 points behind we have Chelsea away we draw the rags win it's level points just saying one defeat can change everything! Like I said before If we beat the rags at home and it puts us 3+ points clear at the top I'll believe

Blue2112 said:
I came away from yesterdays game and I sent a text message to two of my mates that this City side is as good as anything Ive ever seen since I started following them in 1972. We have the lot, power, strength, determination, skill, tenacity, spirit, pace and quality all over the pitch. At times Toure goes past opposing midfielders like they're standing statues. The whole team chase and hurry opponents into losing possession, we hunt the ball back the minute we lose it starting from the front line all the way to the back four. Our movement, first touch and possession football is sublime. Milner has found his place in this team and has been phenomenal in recent games. The confidence is overflowing and we all know it and we're all thinking in but were we're all buried too deep in the mindset of 'Typical City' to say it.

Well I'm about too....We will win the Premiership Title this season. I know your all gonna say shhhh and oh fuck its way too soon but in all my 39 seasons Ive never seen a City side be able to shift gears when required. Even talking about a City team being able to shift up a gear is mindblowing. But with this side you can physically see them up the level when needed - away to QPR - and equally to control a game in preparation for the next more important one (yesterday). In my opinion there are only three sides left in the race as the points tally currently stand and thats us, United and Tottenham. I say this simply because for any of the rest of the challengers (Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle) to catch us they all have to rely on City losing at least five games whilst they currently need to win every single remaining game of the season and that scenario is not going to happen. So that leaves Tottenham and United and the pressure is all on them to win every single game because they know they cannot afford to slip any further behind.

It may be early but we've laid a marker down and any team that can score 42 goals in 12 Premiership games simply don't fall apart for the next 24. Yes we will lose but so will the rest throughout the season and thats the key issue, nobody else can afford to lose anymore than City. Then you begin to look to the long term and realise this side is young and has only played 12 Premiership games as a complete unit. Look at the improvement from Silva, Lescott, Milner, Dzeko and Balotelli over the past 12 months under Mancini and then you realise Aguero, Clichy and Nasri are in their first few months here. Its genuinely frightening and scares the shit out of me. It's a crazy notion but i'll say it again this is the best City side I've ever seen and I cannot see anybody stopping us from winning the title. Fuck Sshhhh and embrace it, its happening.

Bleeding Doom and Gloom merchant!

1.618034 said:
Blue2112 said:
I came away from yesterdays game and I sent a text message to two of my mates that this City side is as good as anything Ive ever seen since I started following them in 1972. We have the lot, power, strength, determination, skill, tenacity, spirit, pace and quality all over the pitch. At times Toure goes past opposing midfielders like they're standing statues. The whole team chase and hurry opponents into losing possession, we hunt the ball back the minute we lose it starting from the front line all the way to the back four. Our movement, first touch and possession football is sublime. Milner has found his place in this team and has been phenomenal in recent games. The confidence is overflowing and we all know it and we're all thinking in but were we're all buried too deep in the mindset of 'Typical City' to say it.

Well I'm about too....We will win the Premiership Title this season. I know your all gonna say shhhh and oh fuck its way too soon but in all my 39 seasons Ive never seen a City side be able to shift gears when required. Even talking about a City team being able to shift up a gear is mindblowing. But with this side you can physically see them up the level when needed - away to QPR - and equally to control a game in preparation for the next more important one (yesterday). In my opinion there are only three sides left in the race as the points tally currently stand and thats us, United and Tottenham. I say this simply because for any of the rest of the challengers (Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle) to catch us they all have to rely on City losing at least five games whilst they currently need to win every single remaining game of the season and that scenario is not going to happen. So that leaves Tottenham and United and the pressure is all on them to win every single game because they know they cannot afford to slip any further behind.

It may be early but we've laid a marker down and any team that can score 42 goals in 12 Premiership games simply don't fall apart for the next 24. Yes we will lose but so will the rest throughout the season and thats the key issue, nobody else can afford to lose anymore than City. Then you begin to look to the long term and realise this side is young and has only played 12 Premiership games as a complete unit. Look at the improvement from Silva, Lescott, Milner, Dzeko and Balotelli over the past 12 months under Mancini and then you realise Aguero, Clichy and Nasri are in their first few months here. Its genuinely frightening and scares the shit out of me. It's a crazy notion but i'll say it again this is the best City side I've ever seen and I cannot see anybody stopping us from winning the title. Fuck Sshhhh and embrace it, its happening.

Bleeding Doom and Gloom merchant!

Haha typical City gallows humour...Love it!

I have been thinking it since the 1-6.Before the game I had a feeling the rags would win.Even when Evens got sent off I thought that, when Fletcher scored I thought we would bottle it.QPR away I KNEW WE WOULD WIN THE GAME, YESTERDAY I KNEW WE WOULD WIN.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.