Wearing your City top in public

I’m not a bullshitter or a fantasist.

I’m a realist. Do you ever travel on your own on public transport?

If you did then you’d know what I mean.

You sound like a gobshite of the highest order.
To be fair it depends where you live. I have rarely been confronted by anyone in Manchester itself. But you have to be wary in other parts of the region. I lived and worked in Merseyside for seven years. Wearing colours there, even in the fringe areas like Wigan, St Helens, was dangerous for your health.

City shirts everywhere all the time ( see the other thread on here) and yet this thread saying blues are concerned about wearing theirs?

It’s no different than it always was. It’s never been a good idea for any fan of any club to walk into a pub wearing colours.

Out and about it’s fine. It’s just that sometimes, instead of “you are crap” it’s “115”

Unied fans used to get stopped all the time. “Where are you from?” “Bet you’ve never been to see them”

You win everything you have to expect something sometimes.Its jealousy goes with the territory.

Very sad, IMO.

I wore the mod / Pretty Green-esque shirt for the FA Cup Final and the title win last season but had a plain hoodie over as I travelled.

I’m at Coventry v Swansea with Welsh friends today and none will be wearing colours so we can drink in regular pubs first.

As I don’t have a Welsh accent then I’ll order the drinks if bar staff clock on.
It is sad. On match days about half the folk that I meet before and/or after a home game don’t wear City colours for one reason or another.

City shirts everywhere all the time ( see the other thread on here) and yet this thread saying blues are concerned about wearing theirs?

It’s no different than it always was. It’s never been a good idea for any fan of any club to walk into a pub wearing colours.

Out and about it’s fine. It’s just that sometimes, instead of “you are crap” it’s “115”

Unied fans used to get stopped all the time. “Where are you from?” “Bet you’ve never been to see them”

You win everything you have to expect something sometimes.Its jealousy goes with the territory.
I remember about 20 years ago in Pattaya a bit tipsy,giving a rag a real hard time about where he came from,he was glad to get away from me.

To be fair it depends where you live. I have rarely been confronted by anyone in Manchester itself. But you have to be wary in other parts of the region. I lived and worked in Merseyside for seven years. Wearing colours there, even in the fringe areas like Wigan, St Helens, was dangerous for your health.
Thank you.

The feeling of safety in numbers disappears when you head off from the crowd and you’re on your own and nowhere near the City centre.

I think age has a lot to do with it as well. When I was younger I always wore City colours to home games and didn’t sense any danger at all.

Thank you.

The feeling of safety in numbers disappears when you head off from the crowd and you’re on your own and nowhere near the City centre.

I think age has a lot to do with it as well. When I was younger I always wore City colours to home games and didn’t sense any danger at all.
The districts of Manchester are still very divided into Red and Blue so you have to apply common sense. I wore my City scarf once on a cold weekday in Salford precinct in the 70s and it didn’t end well. On the other hand Manchester city centre is dominated by Blues seven days a week.

We ( 4 or 5 ) all wear our colours on the journey up and back.
We park in someone's driveway a few hundred yards from the Etihad.

I think twice in the last 20 odd years had abit of bother but nothing to really speak of.
The wanker sign from a car full of dippers and oddly some grief from Swansea fans about 3 seasons ago lol.

My danger place is the local Tesco in Ramsgate lol

City tops are 10 a penny nowadays. In the old days of being shit you just knew if you saw anyone in a City top it was because they loved City and wore their shirt with pride despite having to take shit off plastic rags and other sneering fans.

If you're a new blue or an old blue wear your shirt with pride wherever you are and fuck anyone off who questions your allegiance to City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.