Wearing your City top in public

I wear my City tops practically every day but I never wear colours when I go to a home game.
I use public transport to travel to and from games and quite often I travel on my own and you never know who you will meet and what they may be carrying.
There’s so many nutters about now I’d just rather not be targeted because of the shirt I’m wearing.

I live in Manchester City centre ... have seen plenty of people wearing City shirts walkin' around in the sun over the last couple of days..
In Tenerife at the mo with all PNE fans as I’ve been up there for 30 years now For the first time ever I thought I’m not taking a shirt this time cos I know how it will be especially Sunday double header Preston AND City gobshites when we re on etc etc THEN thought fk it , Hacienda shirt , bring it on Cnuts # cmoncity

I wear my City tops practically every day but I never wear colours when I go to a home game.
I use public transport to travel to and from games and quite often I travel on my own and you never know who you will meet and what they may be carrying.
There’s so many nutters about now I’d just rather not be targeted because of the shirt I’m wearing.
What? If you go to a home city game the whole city is full of City shirts. Are some of these posts from bullshitters or just fantasists?

In Tenerife at the mo with all PNE fans as I’ve been up there for 30 years now For the first time ever I thought I’m not taking a shirt this time cos I know how it will be especially Sunday double header Preston AND City gobshites when we re on etc etc THEN thought fk it , Hacienda shirt , bring it on Cnuts # cmoncity
Hopefully you’re going to the City bar on Sunday.. we’re are tops all the time not a fucking word said …

I’m a 23 y/o female fan who solo attends matches and typically get some comments when I wear my top out in public, but I got so much sexually charged verbal abuse walking around on Wednesday evening from Inter milan fans and presumably United fans. It was bad enough that I ended up going into a pub bathroom and changing out of my top before walking to the stadium and putting it back on once I got inside.
It’s sad really.
I may be wrong but I have been told we have the highest proportion of female support. That makes me very proud. Just like when we were in Moss Side etc. Stay strong but don't put yourself in danger.

So sad to read about the shit some people are getting but not surprised given personal experience.

Our daughter is a strong character who plays football to a good standard, she was head of her house and played football for her school but didn't tell anyone but close friends she's a City supporter (we live in N Derbyshire) to avoid the shit people get for being City fans.

I've had so much for wearing a City top to Walking Football. Snide comments week after week "are you going to get away with it". Get away with what I reply? Lectured about 115. Racist comments about Doku "who's that darkie who plays for you?", tacust our owners, personal abuse and even a threat (not somethingI've had before as I can look after myself, but I don't want to do that especially as I'm 60 next year and have a family). And people wonder when I got angry sometimes. I stood up for City, for what its worth, but I never stooped to the levels of these ignorant know nowts. The personal abuse znd threat were where enough . The organisers (so-called "committee") did nothing about it when I complained. They just swept it under the carpet and dismissed it as "banter" and even blamed me! No empathy at all for the fact that I'm mixed race and would find comments like "look at your (City’s) owners" offensive.

So, after playing there for a few years, I left for better run sessions with a better standard of football where I don't get abused or threatened. Haven't had any shit so far either.

Occasionally received cat calls in the street and many dirty looks when wearing a City top. That doesn't bother me as much but I'm wary.

Last edited:
What? If you go to a home city game the whole city is full of City shirts. Are some of these posts from bullshitters or just fantasists?
I’m not a bullshitter or a fantasist.

I’m a realist. Do you ever travel on your own on public transport?

If you did then you’d know what I mean.

You sound like a gobshite of the highest order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.