Wearing your City top in public

I agree.

I made one of my best friends in the world by approaching a lad in a football top 35 years ago and asking him about his team. Gillingham shirt as it turned out. We still drink together.

For me, this is what football should be. I don’t hold with banter culture crap. It is no more than an excuse to behave like a twat, and a piss poor excuse at that.
I always talk to fellow City fans I spot on my travels. I have met some great people some of whom became close pals. We are a band of brothers.

I always talk to fellow City fans I spot on my travels. I have met some great people some of whom became close pals. We are a band of brothers.
Easy Company, 101st Airborne Division likes this post.
In fact the 101st Airborne are known as 'The Screaming Eagles ' so maybe that's where the idea for the bird on the old City badge originated from.

I'm similar to OP in that I like to be left alone when I'm out. Can't even be arsed with "banter" really, I just don't like having conversations with people I don't know when I've got shit to do. So it's a rare day I'll wear a City shirt when I'm not planning on going to a game. Still not forgotten the morning after the Champions League final though when I went out in my shirt to Tesco - as soon as I got out the car some United fan drove past me shouting "You've got shit in your shirt mate!" Didn't even look at him cos I was walking on air. Still can't be arsed, though. When I'm out in Manchester itself I'll chance it cos City shirts are dime a dozen in town but out in the suburbs where I live I'm within a mile of Stockport's ground and 50% of their fanbase are United first.
I find it pretty funny how over the last couple of years you see shitloads of people in Stockport shirts now they're doing a bit better and are a "cool" team to "support".

I personally know several died in the wool rags and arsenal fans who now plaster all over social media about what massive Stockport fans they are - selfies at games, wearing all the club shop gear etc, it's fucking pathetic. Shameless and sad.

I can understand the (ex?) rags but fucking guaranteed that if arsenal win the league these lads will be back in full Ty arsenal water bottle and headphones mode.

I remember Huncoat being more Claret in the late 60’s and early 70’s -so l reckon it’s definitely on who’s doing best who show up publicly more in E Lancs
The early 70's lots of claret dingles emerged like Alastair Campbell and those on the yorkshire border

I’d like to see a few more plastic Scouse tunnel rats take their Under Armour to Tranmere rather than watch the dippers in pubs run by Everton fans.

Perhaps they could read Awaydays by Kevin Sampson too. Elvis lives local, like.

I'm similar to OP in that I like to be left alone when I'm out. Can't even be arsed with "banter" really, I just don't like having conversations with people I don't know when I've got shit to do. So it's a rare day I'll wear a City shirt when I'm not planning on going to a game. Still not forgotten the morning after the Champions League final though when I went out in my shirt to Tesco - as soon as I got out the car some United fan drove past me shouting "You've got shit in your shirt mate!" Didn't even look at him cos I was walking on air. Still can't be arsed, though. When I'm out in Manchester itself I'll chance it cos City shirts are dime a dozen in town but out in the suburbs where I live I'm within a mile of Stockport's ground and 50% of their fanbase are United first.

All County fans are rags who can't afford to go to Old Trafford. You cannot be a City fan and 'follow' County in my opinion. They are fucking horrible cunts, shame Sale saved Edgeley Park from being bulldozed. I hate them with a passion I remember all their snide comments from when I was a kid.

All County fans are rags who can't afford to go to Old Trafford. You cannot be a City fan and 'follow' County in my opinion. They are fucking horrible cunts, shame Sale saved Edgeley Park from being bulldozed. I hate them with a passion I remember all their snide comments from when I was a kid.
I don’t agree. They’ve always had a pretty decent core fanbase. I know quite a few city fans that go to county matches when city aren’t playing. Its their local side and its much cheaper.

a lot of that rivalry your talking about isn’t applicable to most people under a certain age.

I don’t agree. They’ve always had a pretty decent core fanbase. I know quite a few city fans that go to county matches when city aren’t playing. Its their local side and its much cheaper.

a lot of that rivalry your talking about isn’t applicable to most people under a certain age.

Can only speak from personal experience. Never heard anything positive about City from them. I do work with a lady who considers herself a blue but goes to Edgeley Park. I jokingly say to her I've revoked her Cityzen card. In fairness her Son played for them for a bit when they were really shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.