Weather

Off up to Glasgow, I had shorts and tshirt to travel on the train, got pants and fucking jumper on now.

Last edited:
Global warming could be affecting the Gulf Stream which keeps us warmer than we should be for a country in our location
Yep… if the arctic area isn’t iced up, the cold melt water (rather than being ice on top of Greenland/sea ice floating) has to go somewhere, slowly pushing the Gulf Stream south - which has large consequence’s for us, being on the same parallel as NW USA- ie really cold winters, rather than mild.
I remember hearing this possibility almost 40 years ago.

I think the weather apps always seem to go for the worst case scenario. I've just been for a lido swim in Hathersage in the Peak District. The forecast was for thunderstorms, although during my 90 minutes swim it remained sunny and dry.
I run 3 times a week and swim in outdoor pools twice a week. I honestly can't remember last time I got rained on, and even if I was, it wouldn't particularly bother me!

Yep… if the arctic area isn’t iced up, the cold melt water (rather than being ice on top of Greenland/sea ice floating) has to go somewhere, slowly pushing the Gulf Stream south - which has large consequence’s for us, being on the same parallel as NW USA- ie really cold winters, rather than mild.
I remember hearing this possibility almost 40 years ago.
The Gulf Stream is a myth. The warm water comes from the Bay of Biscay.

The Gulf Stream is a myth. The warm water comes from the Bay of Biscay.
que?

'In April 2018, two studies published in the British scientific journal Nature [28][29] found the Gulf Stream to be at its weakest for at least 1,600 years'

'The North Atlantic Current of the Gulf Stream, along with similar warm air currents, helps keep Ireland and the western coast of Great Britain a few degrees warmer than the east.[35] However, the difference is most dramatic in the western coastal islands of Scotland'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.