Weather

Watched a doco on the heatwave of '76 just last week , C5 i think . It was more terrible than i remember and it just went on and on , it was hot last summer but nothing like '76 as that was months in end, water taps in the streets , strikes , no rain, pavements cracked , everyone badly sunburned , no rubbish collections , i was 15 and having fun , the adults got the water etc and so we didnt realise what was going on was terrible

It’s fucking shite.
All the places on this planet that need rain and get fuck all, yet we get pissed on every bastard day.

No wonder people with kids are skint, you just can’t just go to the park, go for a walk, nip round to family for BBQ, or let the kids play in the garden - the options you have are Play Area’s (if you can get in) Cinema’s, crazy golf etc….with cost a fortune.

Take the Play Factor at Trafford Centre.
5-16yr olds £19.95 EACH
£4.95 for me to sit on my arse - that’s without food/drinks FFS

You can understand why some people’s mental health can be affected by the weather - opening the curtains and it’s grey & wet for the 350th day on the trot and staying indoors again
And yet one week of dry weather and they start with the hosepipe ban shite

Watched a doco on the heatwave of '76 just last week , C5 i think . It was more terrible than i remember and it just went on and on , it was hot last summer but nothing like '76 as that was months in end, water taps in the streets , strikes , no rain, pavements cracked , everyone badly sunburned , no rubbish collections , i was 15 and having fun , the adults got the water etc and so we didnt realise what was going on was terrible
We certainly didn't run out of lager in our pubs up here! I had just started work, was out every night and it was glorious.

Whenever I hear 'Young Hearts Run Free'( Candi Staton); 'You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine' ( Lou Rawls); 'Silly Love Songs'( Wings) or Dancing Queen, in my heart and my head I'm 18 again and it's summer 1976. My boo and I are the same age and we quite often speak about 76. We had won the League Cup with that superb overhead quick from Dennis and all was well with the world.

(Fwiw I would just hate that heat now!!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.