Weird Away Days

Groclin away. A drunken train journey from Poznan to Grodsisk with a wild bunch of vodka-swilling Lech Poznan fans. Ended up in a pub with the group of City fans who had come from Prague by train and had kidnapped a tramp on the way who was decked out in a City scarf and he was jumping up and down with everyone. That is about my only memory of the day apart from falling over on some sort of mud slide in the away end. Bloody hell. Even then I was too old for that sort of day.

I might have got the tueart penalty mixed up with wolves away around the same time !

it would have been the john bond days.

do remember just vefore the game started the photographers walking behind our goal to set there cameras up. One guy had a Colombo style beige Mac on, Sombody at the back of our end threw a pie right over and hit the guy with beige Mac on right on his shoulder all down his coat. So he went over to two coppers and told them then pointed to the back, officers looked at him as though to say "don't be a t**t mate" !!

away days are not as good now, what I miss is the fans in the stands way before players come out, warming up with songs. When the players came out our end went in uproar. Ok so you can say drinks cant go in the stands, but what do you go to football for to have a pint or welcome your team on to the pitch. Good days though.

And yes defo heard the hate man u clap your hands for a long time.
Ive a faint memory that either Tueart had a penalty saved or he had a goal disallowed.

Groclin away. A drunken train journey from Poznan to Grodsisk with a wild bunch of vodka-swilling Lech Poznan fans. Ended up in a pub with the group of City fans who had come from Prague by train and had kidnapped a tramp on the way who was decked out in a City scarf and he was jumping up and down with everyone. That is about my only memory of the day apart from falling over on some sort of mud slide in the away end. Bloody hell. Even then I was too old for that sort of day.

I remember the size of the pot holes in the road they were like craters

Barnsley Away in the 80’s on the football special. Train hit a horse and was then delayed for a couple of hours and we got to Barnsley at half time, 400 lads legging it down the hill to the ground. All that effort for 0-0 draw.

Grimsby twice around the late 90's early noughties. First time we was sat in the corner of the away end with temporary seating and City fans ripped all the rows of seats out, waving them above the head. I remember this City fan running on the pitch with a Black Bin liner full of stuff thinking he was going to clout the keeper, then he suddenly just let loose a load of balloons.
Next game I think we drew and Spencer Prior scored on the way to promotion that season. Soon as he scored early on,I had just doubled up through the turnstile and was celebrating soon as i got through. Stewards clocked me though and I got thrown out. I went around the back of the away end where hundreds of City fans were locked out, there was these town houses and some guy let us in his back garden and climb on his garage and City fans were using ladders trying to get over the stand from his garage. Fair play to the bloke he was bringing us out sandwiches.

Omonia Nicosia in Cyprus was madness. Some airline had gone bust who we booked with XL airways I think. Easy Jet stepped in but we had to go from Gatwick but ended up with an extra night so it was a blessing in disguise. Anyway we flew into Larnaca and stayed at Larnaca Bay. Night before the game we went out in Ayia Napa and ended up in some Rock bar and the Russian bouncers trying to plant drugs on us,luckily we managed to escape. Next day some lads who we knew from Denton had got chatting to a local who agreed to Drive us to Nicosia. We ended up in some small bar in the back streets which this guy had recommended Big Bottles of Heinekan for 2 euros. A couple of hours before kick off Nicosia fans on there scooters with flares were driving around the bar trying to goad us. There was only about 20 of us but we was too smashed to care. Then the owner of the bar who was pissed as a fart offered to drive us to the ground, so we was all crammed in the back of a pick up truck like sardines with a pissed up driver, the look of some City fans when we turned up was a sight to behold. After the game we went back to Larnica in a Lap dancing bar and (luckily) got warned to get out immediately as it was ran by Russian mafia and they was threatening people if they didn't pay up if you just glanced at a dancer or spoke to a dancer. Had a Curry after and somehow ended up in Limassol the next day and flew home from Paphos. Magic trip

Blackburn away in cup.
Pearce was putting in performances of Alan Ball standards on a regular basis yet still some fans wouldn't criticise. I think we were one down against ten men and the clown took bloody ages to bring on another striker.

Last edited:
Went to Sunderland away 1990 drew 1-1 at Roker Park

At the end of the game we were kept behind for a while as per the norm,However 2 old ladies suddenly Appeared walking round the Touchline complete with full shopping bags past the Paddock we were hemmed in

Everyone Started Chanting
"Come and have go if you think you're hard enough"
To much Hilarity
Then it ended with
"Get your Teeth out for the Lads"

Never seen anything like that before
Anyone else experienced similar?
Went with supporters' club coach for this match. Fucking freezing. Ended up wearing the white coach seat covers on our heads to try and get some warmth. Looked like something from the Klu Klux Klan

Went with supporters' club coach for this match. Fucking freezing. Ended up wearing the white coach seat covers on our heads to try and get some warmth. Looked like something from the Klu Klux Klan

I was on the coach too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.