Welbeck

happychappy said:
He's definitely improved this season and after Rooney is arguably one of the better of a bad bunch for England
That's the depressing thing. Who else could have gone? It ain't like there was an outcry of 'such-a-body should have gone' like there was in past tournaments (unless I've been too stoned to notice). In fact, we spent most of the post-squad announcement debating who was the shittest rather than the best.
Its all worked out rather nice so far, because this is the first time I can remember we've gone into a tournament without any kind of pressure or expectation. I was saying to a mate last night after the 3-2; now that we're nearly there, will we fuck it up against the Ukraine just because we know it's in our hands to qualify?
Supporting City and England used to be similar, but now its like looking at an inferior team and tactics when I watch the national team. We are so far behind its embarrassing. It doesn't matter who is up front.

I can't cheer for a team with a front line of Wooney, Wellbeck and Ashley Diving Twat Young. Yuk.

The Future's Blue said:
Pam said:
I can't cheer for a team with a front line of Wooney, Wellbeck and Ashley Diving Twat Young. Yuk.
What about one with Joe Hart, Joleon Lescott and James Milner?
She can cheer when the ball goes in our half?

Crouchinho said:
Above average striker who's taking his chance. We've seen a lot of these strikers come and go for england. Kevin Davies, Andy Johnson, crouch etc.

Seems a likeable chap with a smile on his face. Doesn't seem arrogant but can see fans turning on him for not being a shearer.
Must say,he comes across as an articulate,likeable young fella.I agree he may never reach the dizzy heights but it makes a change to see a young player who can string a few words together and seems courteous and happy at his work.
(not a rag by the way,before anyone starts)

Don't really watch the shite. Have any of the pundits likened him yet to Owen, Shearer or Lineker. That's normally their fall back position, they just see someone do something then liken them to another England player who used to be good.

malg said:
Don't really watch the shite. Have any of the pundits likened him yet to Owen, Shearer or Lineker. That's normally their fall back position, they just see someone do something then liken them to another England player who used to be good.
No the pundits have all been pretty fair in the assessment that we will go no further than the next game should we progress from the group. Its weird. Rather than liken players to past players, they've started saying it how it is. And they had nowt to say at the end of the MOTD yesterday.

bluemoondays said:
A decent PL striker is all he'll be - he's 22 in a few months so not a kid any longer

Interesting,younger than Mario who many still excuse as still being such.

To be fair,i havn't seen much difference in ability or potential between the two,character wise,they're worlds apart........

Wellbeck,if he was a blue,would be receiving far higher praise on this board.

FantasyIreland said:
bluemoondays said:
A decent PL striker is all he'll be - he's 22 in a few months so not a kid any longer

To be fair,i havn't seen much difference in ability or potential between the two,character wise,they're worlds apart........

I agree with quite a lot of your posts but Balo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wellbeck.

FantasyIreland said:
bluemoondays said:

Balotelli is 22 in August(according to wiki)

Balotelli is far better than Wellbeck. Wellbeck is not international class, he's a good player but nothing special

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.