Welbeck

Ntini77 said:
Not convinced he meant that goal last night, but a good player nonetheless.

Me neither, at first I thought he did but when you see that it came off his heel rather than his instep it makes me think he was actually trying to control the ball with a view to spinning clockwise and then finishing left footed.

He's a decent player, will never be top class but will do a job.

In by gone era's he'd be lucky to make the 21's as an over aged player. Fortunatly for him England are very short on strikers right now, apart from Shrek the rest are much of a muchness.

Well taken goal last night I will give him that but he does spend the majority of the game running around like a headless chicken. Personally I see Sturridge as a much better player however the clown who is the current England boss disagrees.

He's done alright in the first 2 games unlike Young who has done naff all!

Plus can't believe the amount of stick Milner is getting at least he's covering Johnson and trying to effect the game

kenzie115 said:
Ntini77 said:
Not convinced he meant that goal last night, but a good player nonetheless.

Me neither, at first I thought he did but when you see that it came off his heel rather than his instep it makes me think he was actually trying to control the ball with a view to spinning clockwise and then finishing left footed.

He's a decent player, will never be top class but will do a job.

Doesn't make any sense. Trying to control the ball when off balance on one foot, a few yards from the goalkeeper and surrounded by defenders.

At no point does he try to cushion the ball to control it. He drags his foot back towards the goal as the ball comes in contact with him. Credit where it's due, if Aguero had done that we would be going crazy

I think he's done OK in the first two games. He got the goal when it mattered, so did his job IMO.

IM NOT REALLY HERE said:
xrD-3R6Tg06eEhFlMrpjaQ2.jpg

Cleans up computer screen after attempting to drink something!!

I think he offers something different with his link up play. He often plays with his back to goal waiting for runners to bring them into the play. Unfortunately there was little support last night, but as soon as Walcott came on, Wellbeck was finding him with 1-2's and this is what led to the goal.

Carrol took his goal well, but on the ground he was gash. Young and Milner didn't really offer any support for the strikers, so they were mostly over crowded. Against the Ukraine it will be much different as their defenders will be surrounding Shrek, so Wellbeck will have much more space and time. If Woy plays Wallcot and Chamberlin on the wings it would all fit together quite nicely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.