Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if it has already been posted and discussed.

Numerous websites running with it on News Now-Man City.

From Germany.

£128mill release clause. Activates in 2 years time.

I can’t see City agreeing to that

Not seen it reported by a reputable source yet (ie Orstein who has reported on other minutae of the deal) but it wouldn't overly surprise me. Real Madrid sources said their reluctance to agree to one was one of the reasons they "backed out".

If its a case of thats the only way we can get him here now, then take a chance I'd say, try and win everything whilst he's here. If he wants to leave after winning everything for us in these 2 years, good luck to him.

Reactions: jrb
Interesting to hear him being referred to a "lead-the-press" type striker when his press statistics are quite low. Maybe that's the way Dortmund played? In any case, I think if Erling buys into Pep's style as he should, then he could become one of the best pressing forces in the league. All that pace, physicality, and youth should be an absolute nightmare for defences to cope with when they're on the ball, particularly with our team hunting in packs with all the movement covering behind him.

EDIT: It seems his press statistics are better than I had been lead to believe. Great news.

Even if there was a release clause, who really cares? We’d presumably get one of the worlds best footballers for a few seasons, then make a £100m profit on him.

It would still be an unbelievable deal.
I do personally, I don’t want our club used as a stepping stone in any scenario & he would be a £200m asset if all goes well not £128m.

Even if there was a release clause, who really cares? We’d presumably get one of the worlds best footballers for a few seasons, then make a £100m profit on him.

It would still be an unbelievable deal.
Exactly. Don't know why a release clause would bother any of us. We've got one of the most sought after young footballers in the world. A release clause is only useful if he wants away, and if he does want away why would any fan want him at the club.

in recent times can only remember 1top player who left prematurely that be Sane. The others have enjoyed there time with the club hence stayed until retired or until they were used sparingly. Hes in the door, don't think he will need persuading to stay a good length of time especially if he and the club are successful. maybe one day he dream is Madrid but for fucks sake, he not played a game for us yet and hes leaving!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.