Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

A lot better judges of players than me have called him the best young striker in South America (not just Argentina) so I think I'll defer to them rather than the efforts in a couple of games when he's almost out of the door at River. Personally, I've been impressed with his pressing and movement to get in the right positions.
He’s been underwhelming this entire year except against the worst opponents he’s faced. That’s just a reality and then you can find whatever excuse you want “oh the team…” “oh his head…”, and they may have some truth, but that’s all they are, excuses, and I find it worrisome. As I used to say in the transfer thread, I don’t buy into the hype as much as other people, even though I desperately want him to deliver on his promise. We didn’t sign the guy to have some nice movement twice in a game. Right now he’s not giving anything that an Aston Villa signing wouldn’t. He’s gonna have to show a lot in that pre season to impress Pep.

Granted I've only watched 6-7 matches if I had to guess, I've seen nothing to indicate he's ready to step up from the Argentinian league to the best team in the world and one of the best teams the EPL has ever seen. I'm surprised at Txiki's comments jumping the gun confirming Alvarez will be with the first team next year without having played a single minute. Why not see how he looks in pre season and go from there?

Granted I've only watched 6-7 matches if I had to guess, I've seen nothing to indicate he's ready to step up from the Argentinian league to the best team in the world and one of the best teams the EPL has ever seen. I'm surprised at Txiki's comments jumping the gun confirming Alvarez will be with the first team next year without having played a single minute. Why not see how he looks in pre season and go from there?
It’s why I have been saying we can’t afford to lose Jesus yet. He’s going to be needed this next season, if Alvarez stays it’s still going to be a big transition and he’s not going to play much, whereas Pep trusts Jesus in big games (especially UCL) as he’s one of his best students.

It’s why I have been saying we can’t afford to lose Jesus yet. He’s going to be needed this next season, if Alvarez stays it’s still going to be a big transition and he’s not going to play much, whereas Pep trusts Jesus in big games (especially UCL) as he’s one of his best students.
You don't need to tell me. I'm gutted that Jesus seems to have one foot out the door.

I think Pep will quickly realize Alvarez isn’t and shouldn’t be a 9

Around the 60m mark I thought Gallardo should sub him off. Instead he put a striker in and moved Alvarez to RW. Julian got undeserved grief [imo] for the previous match but he was bad tonight, as was the entire team.

Are player not allowed to have a bad day ?

Even the best player have this kind of thing, why he shouldn't? Just relax and wait until he rejoin our club and he will be assesed by our coach pre season.

You don't judge players on friendly games.

Alvarez was monitored well " I suppose :) " before the club deciding to invest millions on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.