Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

Granted I've only watched 6-7 matches if I had to guess, I've seen nothing to indicate he's ready to step up from the Argentinian league to the best team in the world and one of the best teams the EPL has ever seen. I'm surprised at Txiki's comments jumping the gun confirming Alvarez will be with the first team next year without having played a single minute. Why not see how he looks in pre season and go from there?

Tbf you also were very negative about the Haaland signing. You didn’t even want him (even said you couldn’t get excited about it..) but would then big up Dias at Liverpool as if he was a world class phenomenon. Who knows, you might end up being right on this one but I do find it strange how you often play down City signings but then act like Liverpool have always got a banger.

What gets me is the negativity from a certain poster on this signing, it is overwhelming, you'd almost think he was from a rival country or something?

I say that hoping Jesus is also going to stay myself but still, it seems pretty obvious that there is some bias at play.

As for the other guy I am sure he also said Haaland would never join City whilst also failing to be excited by the signing after he signed lol

Fuck off.

I think Pep will quickly realize Alvarez isn’t and shouldn’t be a 9

The same way he realised Jesus wasn't a number 9 so stuck him out wide and then didn't bother playing him for a long time? Pep has played a number of players who aren't number 9's in that role. And we've done alright. Alvarez will be just fine at City under Pep's tutelage. It's also not bad to have someone like Haaland (for the whole squad) to watch in training and improve their shooting.

What gets me is the negativity from a certain poster on this signing, it is overwhelming, you'd almost think he was from a rival country or something?

I say that hoping Jesus is also going to stay myself but still, it seems pretty obvious that there is some bias at play.

As for the other guy I am sure he also said Haaland would never join City whilst also failing to be excited by the signing after he signed lol

Fuck off.
How much of a coward are you to make these insinuations without mentioning me and “the other guy”?
Nothing I am saying in this thread is different from what football fans in Argentina are saying, including River Plate fans. Some of it is even factual (the goals he’s scored this year have been against the worst teams only).
Some of my very favorite players come from Argentina (as you might guess a couple), I have absolutely no bias towards them or the country, quite the opposite. In fact there is a certain ignorance about how South America is; we have our rivalries but we like to see each other do well. And when it comes to City, nothing stands in the way. Just so you know, if anything I had a bias against Jesus when he was signed due to the club he played for here.
I am not being negative when I talk about Alvarez. I have watched most River Plate games since he was signed, and am speaking about what I see. You I suspect haven’t seen much

Tbf you also were very negative about the Haaland signing. You didn’t even want him (even said you couldn’t get excited about it..) but would then big up Dias at Liverpool as if he was a world class phenomenon. Who knows, you might end up being right on this one but I do find it strange how you often play down City signings but then act like Liverpool have always got a banger.
Meanwhile I’m very high on Phillips while it seems most think he’s an absolute waste of money. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Meanwhile I’m very high on Phillips while it seems most think he’s an absolute waste of money. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
I’m very negative on Phillips. Must be because I’m biased against English players…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.