Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

"Patronato would fight for relegation in Brazilian's third division" isn't just an opinion, it's an exageration to express your usual negativity.
You haven’t been clear on what this supposed negativity is about. You are also being dishonest; I did not say third division, I said second division. Four teams in the Brazilian second division ascend to the first division. A team that eliminated the winner of the last two Libertadores in our domestic cup last year couldn’t finish amongst the top four. One of the biggest clubs in Brazil, Cruzeiro, managed by a coach who was a Real Madrid and Brazil national team manager, Vanderlei Luxemburgo, finished 14th. The second division in Brazil is extremely contentious and Patronato is a team that would fit there. If it played first division, it would get relegated. City player a second division team days ago (Fulham)… see their level for perspective.
Cheers

Looks a tremendous prospect... some lovely goals. How the hell did City get the best young talent in South America for that price.

These are all "great" goals.

Not to diminish tap ins or anything, but his finishing technique is fantastic, doesn't matter what division he's in.

Fucking hell, almost don't even care if we get Haaland or not, just bring this guy in the summer, don't extend to December.
first thing I said to my Dad when we watched Aguero live for the first time was just look at his technique to find the side netting inside the bottom corner, we'd not had a striker like that in my lifetime. Someone with such pure finishing technique their goals just find that unreachable corner of the goal. Alvarez's 3rd has just sparked that feeling again. If he can genuinely finish like that on a regular basis we have a star, because that's a pure striker's finish, class.

somehow his third goal impresses me even more than his second. his second goal is a freak finish, his third goal is bread and butter 1v1 with the keeper, low to the bottom corner. boring, no messing about, just clean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.