Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

We don’t tend to sell tbh We are a destination club nowadays
Part of the reason we got him, I believe, was the deal we did on sell-on share and other add ons and being open to the player's desire to play in Spain at some point. Of course, once he has experienced the delight of a typical wet Manchester summer, he will forget about Spain.

So has the profit share amount for RP when we sell him to Real for £200m, In a few years.
How to boil piss:
1. Buy the most promising young striker in SA for a song.
2. Turn him into a star in five years.
3. Sell for a fortune.
4. Become net spend champions.

Not that I want to sell, but it was all part of the deal. My bet is he will use us as a stepping stone. No objection to that. Of course, he may catch the bug, stay here and become our second best ever striker.
The low key reaction to his arrival is excellent, less likelihood of press nonsense. Haarland? Bah! Alvarez is the real deal.
In 5 years time we may well be the best club in football, these 'history' clubs are finished, Barca and RM will still have their name but won't have the cash to pull the 'huge' stars they desire.

Shame that, state-sponsored cunts.

short iso vid vs Ecuador ...

from what I have seen his workrate is amazing probably close to jesus or even better. he is equally good playing on the right wing or on the center forward. his finishing is top of the shelf but not in the legendary class like aguero or lewa, but his game is more complete than aguero ever was, I feel so he might fit a pep team better in the long run

Looks to be a diamond
Diamond, you say?

Rough or smooth?

georgios-samaras.jpg

Played over the weekend, River won 2-1. JA didn't score but I thought he played great, provided a reliable target and really held the ball well allowing the team to progress/transition up the pitch - example is his assist for the 2nd River goal. He had 3 scoring chances but no joy.

River plays in Peru tonight as the Copa Libertadores group play begins. They have 8 matches during the rest of April, kid gonna be busy. I expect JA to be rested for a domestic cup game or 2 as their position in the group stage is solid.

I ran across this video - its a fresh spanish-language overview of JA's rise to prominence - use the English caption option to follow the gist. TLDR version - covid and his family life kinda left him on the vine to ripen until City bagged him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.