Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

Like I said last night, and not to take absolutely anything away from his extraordinary performance, but that was the sixth and final group stage game against a team that has 1 point, zero interest and wasn’t playing full strength. He did way above what was needed by scoring six goals, but in the other five games he had scored zero goals. Most of his goals this year (with the exception of one penalty goal) have been against the absolute worst teams River Plate has faced, which is quite something considering they haven’t yet faced a team better than them (even when they lost). This is just for perspective and to try to keep everyone’s expectations more grounded, especially after the wild overreactions from last night. He has a lot of potential but translating that to a much bigger stage still won’t be easy or immediate.
this guy over here is talking absolute shit all this thread and many more. the reason alvarez scored many this game and not other has nothing to do with him but to do with the team. last season river plate created many clear cut chances and this season they didn't until this game and has nothing to do with alvarez. create chances for him and he will score.

All we can tell about him is that he's obviously a natural finisher playing against dodgy defending who is almost certainly not on the level that will see him start for us quite yet in terms of touch, technique, and passing. But he's young and can bring something we lack to the team, so with good coaching and surrounded by class players, I think he could go on to be a valuable weapon in the arsenal. But don't expect that we've bought the next Pele just yet, ha.
sorry you haven't watch him at all if that is what you think of alvarez. his passing, touch and technique are some of the best and would say is already better than jesus and sterling.

Like I said last night, and not to take absolutely anything away from his extraordinary performance, but that was the sixth and final group stage game against a team that has 1 point, zero interest and wasn’t playing full strength. He did way above what was needed by scoring six goals, but in the other five games he had scored zero goals. Most of his goals this year (with the exception of one penalty goal) have been against the absolute worst teams River Plate has faced, which is quite something considering they haven’t yet faced a team better than them (even when they lost). This is just for perspective and to try to keep everyone’s expectations more grounded, especially after the wild overreactions from last night. He has a lot of potential but translating that to a much bigger stage still won’t be easy or immediate.
A very fair post to provide perspective.

It's impossible to know how he'll do immediately, but I think everyone can agree on his potential and killer instinct in front of goal.

Ultimately it'll all come down to how he settles (and confidence) as to whether he hits the ground running. I think he'll enjoy playing in our team and will certainly get plenty of chances to score.

It's impossible to know how he'll do immediately, but I think everyone can agree on his potential and killer instinct in front of goal.

Ultimately it'll all come down to how he settles (and confidence) as to whether he hits the ground running. I think he'll enjoy playing in our team and will certainly get plenty of chances to score.
Absolutely. 100%

Just to be the party-pooper.

He plays in the Argentine League. It's a huge step up from that to the Premier League let alone the top of the Premier League.

Look at how much space he has to run into, he won't get that with us and the defenders will be a lot better.

Will take him a while to get up to speed. Expect him to play a part in cup games at first.

Naturally, we should be patient with all new signings, but we can also be excited by their prospects. This guy looks like a finisher, and that is needed in our squad. Though we can always remember that he has only played in a weaker league, he therefore will not have played with players as creative as the ones we have, nor will he have played in a team that has so many scoring opportunities.

We are a long way from where we were.

He plays in the Argentine League. It's a huge step up from that to the Premier League let alone the top of the Premier League.

Look at how much space he has to run into, he won't get that with us and the defenders will be a lot better.

Will take him a while to get up to speed. Expect him to play a part in cup games at first.
To be fair, last night they were playing against a team that is fourth place in Peru.

Fair point, but i think the best qualities of Julian Alvarez are: his off-ball movements, his clinical finishing, his physical endurance and his will to fight for every ball. I'm sure those qualities will be key when facing european defenders. And the good news is: there's only room for improvement.

Alvarez Alvarez
He’s an Argentinian city man
he scores for fun with left and right
he won’t give up without a fight
look out
heres come Alvarez

Got my shoes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.