Welcome Matheus Nunes | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

Feel like we've bought a younger Kovacic which doesn't make too much sense to me

But Pep seems to love him, and Pep can make any player better so he clearly sees something in this guy that can take him to the top

Welcome Matheus, hope you have a great career here!!!
Not seen Kovacic run from box to box yet ! Both are upgrades for me not so much for Gundo but for Mahrez who totally frustrated me throughout the time he was with us , not doubting his ability but think he could have offered much more with his ability and for the most of last season didn't start hardly any big games !

Feel like we've bought a younger Kovacic which doesn't make too much sense to me

But Pep seems to love him, and Pep can make any player better so he clearly sees something in this guy that can take him to the top

Welcome Matheus, hope you have a great career here!!!

With Nunes and others who we have signed or were linked with like Eze, we seem to be buying players who are good on the ball, press resistant and can beat a man.

To me, it's an answer to teams going man for man against us all over the pitch. They can try it, but they'll lose each individual battle because our players are better and also pretty big and strong.

Don't know what it means in terms of where each player will fit, but these qualities seem to be what Pep is wanting now, and I'm sure he can mould players with those qualities into what he needs.

I admit that I don't know his full situation at Wolves but not enamoured of a player going on strike to force his way out of a club. No doubt a good player and something we needed to add bodies in midfield. Hopefully with him, Kovacic & if Phillips stays then we can work out a way to get Rodri the odd rest now and again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.