Welcome Matheus Nunes | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

Think he'll do well.

What I've seen, at Wolves he was deployed out wide or advanced. Best profiled as a double pivot midfielder which we'll see.

Wonder why we want him when we've got Kovacic who's similar in my view, but let's see! Very good player for sure.

We’ve signed some good ball carriers this window looking forward to seeing this lad play

Think he'll do well.

What I've seen, at Wolves he was deployed out wide or advanced. Best profiled as a double pivot midfielder which we'll see.

Wonder why we want him when we've got Kovacic who's similar in my view, but let's see! Very good player for sure.
If you look at his stats, he’s not a good fit for us as a 6.

I can see him rotating with Kovacic as one of our 8s and to allow Kovacic to play as a 6 and give Rodri some rest.

If he can add a goal threat to his game, which Pep does to midfielders, he could be our longer term Gundogan replacement.

To me the redundancy with Kovacic is a benefit. Kovacic is older and has missed plenty of weeks with injury the last few years. I don’t think we signed him to play every match and I doubt even he thinks he can hold up on what will be a 3x per week match schedule again

Why do people always look to a player as a replacement to a former outgoing one. Pep loves to evaluate new systems with the players at his disposal and makes players better within these systems.
What stays is the possession and pressing.

Anyways, welcome Nunes. Hopefully another one for Pep to make the lad better and smarter.

Thought he'd take the 27. I'm a sad bastard but I hate it when players take a number over 25. I'd love to see us make use of all numbers 1-25, minus Foe's 23.
Id go so far as to say that noone should "own" a number....each match, numbers 1-11...and then up to however many are on the bench.

At this stage, the numbers on their back are absolutely pointless....theres no use for them

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.