Well done Aleks...

remember arthur mann said:
GX Blue said:
He cannot defend, he is slow and he constantly gives the ball away!!!

Granted he can put a good ball in from time to time but he is a very limited footballer.

I cannot wait till him and Dzeko leave next summer.

+1

Think he is a better player than Clichy in lots of respects, who has pace and can defend well but can't cross a ball to save his life and hasn't had a shot for 2 years...shame we can't merge the two of em! I think the positional play of both Clichy & Kolarov leaves a lot to be desired, in the medium term left back has to be one area we should look to strengthen.

Will always be a little suspect defensively but his contributions in the attacking third are usually excellent. If we're playing a team who don't pose a serious threat down the right then he's fine for me.

One thing I did notice last night was lots of people moaning every time he turned back inside and passed the ball to either Demichellis or a midfielder. The reality was he had no other option, whoever plays ahead of him, unless it's Milner, invariably spends a lot of the match in a more central position and so the standard fullback's up-the-line pass is not an option. I think he deserves more credit than he gets.

goaters shinpad said:
remember arthur mann said:
GX Blue said:
He cannot defend, he is slow and he constantly gives the ball away!!!

Granted he can put a good ball in from time to time but he is a very limited footballer.

I cannot wait till him and Dzeko leave next summer.

+1

Think he is a better player than Clichy in lots of respects, who has pace and can defend well but can't cross a ball to save his life and hasn't had a shot for 2 years...shame we can't merge the two of em! I think the positional play of both Clichy & Kolarov leaves a lot to be desired, in the medium term left back has to be one area we should look to strengthen.

You thinking what I'm thinking? You are, aren't you!?
Yep!
Let's get Martin Petrov back and pop him into defence!
Okay, that's left back sorted. Now, show me that map of the Middle East again...

Kolarov is dependent on the player in front of him. With Nasri infront of him he gets found out defensively especially away from home. He got lucky last night, in an attacking sense he created the second, and won the penalty, But defensively he got isolated, out of position, persistently gave the ball away, and gave the WBA players too much room.
For me Clichy should always start as he has a better understanding with Nasri.

zandvoort blue said:
Kolarov is dependent on the player in front of him. With Nasri infront of him he gets found out defensively especially away from home. He got lucky last night, in an attacking sense he created the second, and won the penalty, But defensively he got isolated, out of position, persistently gave the ball away, and gave the WBA players too much room.
For me Clichy should always start as he has a better understanding with Nasri.
If the understanding is the fullback will refuse to cross the ball except for the occasional hit-and-hope lob then yes there's an understanding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.