Well done Aleks...

NQCitizen said:
First ever CL goal for City
Goal at the Bernabeu
Goal at the Allianz

Captain Kolarov; goalscoring hero.

Quite an impressive record.

I hope one day many will realise he's actually a good player.

Some people point blank refuse it give him credit where it's due. One if those players who will struggle to shake of his negative tag even if he plays well.

I'll be interested to see what happens to him as he gets older. Not a lot of pace to begin with. I wonder if he'll end up as a defensive midfielder.

Because his form has been patchy in the past, when something goes wrong, he does always seem to take a lot of stick despite it not being his fault. He has improved a lot this year, and whereas I used to worry about us defensively when he played, I am now leaning towards him over Clichy, He has tightened up defensively, and from an offensive point of view, I think he offers more than a vast majority of left backs in the league. Hopefully he stays consistent.

I think he'd be a good left winger for a counter-attacking team. Mancini played him wide a few times, albeit as part of the dreaded 3-5-2 so he still had defensive responsibilities. Great whip on his crosses. Just not a defender for a possession-based team like us. That said he's having a good season so far...by his standards :)

I thought he actually captained the team quite well as back up. I liked the way he went and had a quiet word with the ref a couple of times over the bookings when it got a bit scary towards the end, rather than go over ranting and raving like Keane, etc.

He's quality at what he brings to the team. Accept it people.

It's not the first time he's stepped up, remember the FA Cup game against the rags where he lifted the teams performance in that loss, or when he kept Valencia in his pocket in the semi the year before?

He brings a lot to our team.

I think he's the hard big brother figure of our squad. He's always first there if anyone gets a bad tackle, he'd happily knock someone out for one of his teammates.

That's why he's captain!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.