Well done Aleks...

I thought he was average at best, one great block from Sterling but twice let him run past him. The attempted offside trap was atrocious but we got away with it.

Then he nearly cost us a goal when he decide to fuck about about 8 yards out instead of hoofing the ball and Suarez took it off of him.

Put in a few good crosses, although I wish he'd hit less of them first time but left a lot to be desired with his defending imo.

One tackle aside he wasn't great defensively. On a number of occasions he was slow to realise danger. Losing the ball to Suarez just outside the 6 yard box was idiotic

Going forward he can be brilliant and so I would keep him but against the better sides, if up against a speedy winger, he should not be playing LB. In midfield perhaps but not LB

Becoming a bit of a problem with him and Clichy they really need to follow the runner if they are not sure about the offside, at least that way it gives themselves a better chance to stop the goal. What he did today was poor this is where it really needs to be clear to the players when to track the runner and when to hold the offside right now both lbs are being very indecisive and it is costing goals.

Project said:
Very very poor today. I simply can't trust him against good sides.

You watched a different game to the rest of us then!

Played pretty well, got away with the offside trap though.

Project said:
Wouldn't go that far but he did get caught out a couple of times as Pudge said and on another day it may have cost us.
I'm not anti-Aleks and appreciate his strengths but when I see him and Lescott/Richards in the same starting lineup I start to worry.

Aleks sometimes looks as though he's taking his wolves for a walk while he forgets who he's marking, but he had a thoroughly decent game yesterday, just as he's had for the last few games. Slight grouse - wish he wouldn't always opt to put his crosses over on the floor. It becomes predictable. This season, he's brought more to the table than Clichy, and for my money, he's become first choice. Clearly, there are always going to be those who have decided, once and for all, that Aleks is shit (as with Dzeko), and nothing good that the man does out on the park is ever going to change that.

Originals said:
Project said:

You watched a different game to the rest of us then!

Played pretty well, got away with the offside trap though.

Well said. Aleks had a good game over the 90 and the fact that he played Liverpool offside (thanks to some help from the officials) isn't seething I will lose any sleep about.

Liverpool's attacking movement was outstanding but they had a bit too much time to pick their passes and it is a shame we don't have two Fernandinhos. Let's hope The Beast continues his fantastic form and that Aguero is back fairly soon.

if clichy hadn't played like a keystone cop v Fulham he would probably of been the better choice for the Liverpool game ,i like alex but he kind of got away with that one

Decent game but ffs man do not turn towards goal when your on the 6yd line with opposition players right on you.
I like Kolarov but ffs no more of that suicide stuff please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.