Well done Aleks...

And what a great right footed goal for someone who has a hammer as a left foot, glad he is doing well..

Lets face it we have had lots of players who lack pace over the years , but Kolorov more than makes up for that with his crosses and free kicks, when we are at home we need his skill to break teams down, I like Cliche too and he is obviously a lot faster but does not have the same impact going forward, Crystal Palace as an example.

Newtoncc said:
And what a great right footed goal for someone who has a hammer as a left foot, glad he is doing well..

Lets face it we have had lots of players who lack pace over the years , but Kolorov more than makes up for that with his crosses and free kicks, when we are at home we need his skill to break teams down, I like Cliche too and he is obviously a lot faster but does not have the same impact going forward, Crystal Palace as an example.
He put a lot of power behind his right foot shot but, if we're being honest here, Tremmel should have saved it. It went right through him.

Newtoncc said:

Clichy has been beaten a lot down the left wing this year. At times, outright embarrassed. You can say he is slightly better as a defender, but the huge gulf as an attacking option would make me select Kolarov pretty much every time. If we are shutting down a game, you can bring Clichy on maybe. But i'm still inclined to replace Clichy in the Jan transfer window if we can.

I agree with the post above that Kolarov is more dangerous as a full back. His strength is his overlapping runs. 99.9% of the time, it is the full backs that overlap, not the wingers. We don't want Kolarov to be sliding balls down the side to Nasri, we want it to be the other way around.

Tricky_Trev said:
I agree with the post above that Kolarov is more dangerous as a full back. His strength is his overlapping runs. 99.9% of the time, it is the full backs that overlap, not the wingers. We don't want Kolarov to be sliding balls down the side to Nasri, we want it to be the other way around.

Like their goal against United - fucking beautiful that was.

In the Nicola McCarthy interview post game Aleks said with not getting regular starts last season, he didn't have a chance to show his capabilities.
That's obviously true. But it's also true that Mancini's system was far more suited to Clichy.
Allowing teams to come on to you and defending deep was better suited to Clichy.
Pellegrini's high line and pressing game suits Aleks far more.

And there's no doubt he's been a revelation this season.
Only Navas and Nasri have supplied more crosses.
He's a quality player, who was wanted by Mourinho at Madrid, and we're beginning to reap the benefits.

Pellegrini will continue to rotate as neccessary, because under his system, the full backs are worked harder than almost any other position.
What can be said, is that in the modern game, the days of full backs just being expected to defend are long gone.
And that unfortunately is Clichy's problem.
For the moment at least Kolarov is Pellegrini's first choice.

lasereyes said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Exactly like this.

lasereyes said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Can't remember if it was during the live coverage or MotD highlights, but against Liverpool the commentator called one of his overlaps "one of his trademark runs". I think that explains perfectly how dangerous he is going forward now, he is being recognised as a genuine threat these days. Considering he is a left-back, that's impressive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.