Well done Aleks...

Skashion said:
3 goals and 5 assists in 18 starts this season, an average of 2.25 assists/goals per start. Which is marginally worse than the average of 2.23 goals per start in the previous two seasons. I'm honestly staggered that so many people have turned around on the subject of Kolarov when as far as I can see there's nothing to base it on. He's always been good going forward.

That's 0.44 assists/goals per start.

sir baconface said:
Skashion said:
3 goals and 5 assists in 18 starts this season, an average of 2.25 assists/goals per start. Which is marginally worse than the average of 2.23 goals per start in the previous two seasons. I'm honestly staggered that so many people have turned around on the subject of Kolarov when as far as I can see there's nothing to base it on. He's always been good going forward.

That's 0.44 assists/goals per start.
Sorry, you are correct of course. Starts per goal/assist is what I meant.

I’ve got a feeling that with the confidence he has at the moment and his shooting ability, at some point this season we’re going to see him score one of the all time great goals.

Skashion said:
His attacking has never been a doubt. He's always been able to deliver magical balls. It's his defending that has improved, which came as no surprise when playing against the likes of Silva and Toure in training every day for 3 years. His erratic shooting and decision making have also come on leaps and bounds.

When people were calling for his transfer this summer I always stood by my opinion that he shouldn't be sold because no other team besides maybe Madrid has 2 left backs as good as ours.

Now he's getting more playing time and it's paying dividends.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10567862/Premier-League-digest-talking-points-tactics-and-total-football.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tball.html</a>

Stat #3: Newcastle v Manchester City: Aleksandar Kolarov (4) & Pablo Zabaleta (5) have provided more Premier League assists than any other defenders this season.

Though Pablo Zabaleta has been known as an excellent full-back for some time, Aleksandar Kolarov is slowly being considered in a similar fashion. His ball for Edin Dzeko’s opener against Newcastle was everything he has been doing right this season; his runs are timed well and intelligent, while his final ball has been good and followed in by an on-rushing attacker.

With Zabaleta deeper against Newcastle to combat the rotating threat of Loic Remy and Yoan Gouffran out wide, it was for Kolarov to provide the attacking threat, a decision made easier once apparent he was up against makeshift right-back Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. With that, David Silva shuffled over slightly left and looked to double up with Kolarov, which worked as soon as the eighth minute for the goal.

But it was happening throughout. Silva had 86 touches, 68 passes with 85 per cent accuracy, and made three crosses. He was in excellent form, and the main benefactor was Kolarov, whose relentless running down the left was rewarded. It is highlighted by Kolarov, after Silva, having the most touches (72) and making the second-most passes (37, behind Martin Demichelis). Although Silva was central to everything City did was good – as demonstrated by Silva being involved in four of City’s top five passing combinations – Kolarov was always available and received it 12 times, more than any other player.

With Silva and Samir Nasri moving in-field, and Yaya Toure and Fernandinho also looking to operate through the centre, the pressure was on City’s full-backs to provide an extra threat, and they did so – particularly the Serbian.

Pellergrini as done a great job in making Kolarov a very good attacking left back . Got to say Kolly doing brilliant this season .

I'd be interested to see how many LB's have more runs up and down the Left flank than he does. That article above explains it well - Relentless runs.

taconinja said:
Have to say his assist tonight on the second goal was amazing.

Navas and Aleks are assists machine from the flanks. Silva from the middle.

happy to say i wasnt his biggest fan but he's been very good this year so much so i'm happy for shaw to go to chelsea, particularly if we're talking 30m!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.