Well done boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but find this thread a bit embarrassing.
Like Pellegrini or loathe him, he won us only our second league title in 40+ years, two domestic cups, and this year took us further into the Champions League than we had any right to expect. And I know it's become a cliche, but he's also led us with considerable dignity, despite the constanting sniping in the press.
Has he underperformed over the past 18 months or so? Course he has, badly. Has this league campaign been a disaster since the Autumn? Definitely. Has he made decisions that warrant criticism? Absolutely. Do the fans have the right to vent? Sure.
But I really wouldn't have thought it so difficult to give him a polite send-off, out of respect for his efforts at least. All seems a bit sulking teenager to me.

You are right in one sense that he deserves a send off...however he should have been gone long ago (this time last season).....thats why most people are feeling the way they do right now about him.....it shouldn't have been allowed to get to this stage and MP has done absolutely nothing to solve the problems his poor tactical approach, formations and way of playing has caused.
Thatvis why few people are not bothered about him leaving...

he also won the title with another managers team and because liverpool fucked it up

he also didn't win two other trophies...he won the same trophy twice plus the league......the CC which everyone knows is a damn sight easier to win than the FA cup as most teams especially in the first rounds field weakened teams causing a lot of upsets..MP always fielded his strongest team.

ban me if you want but fuck him the year we spent millions on de bruyne sterling otamendi deplh we are going to end up 5 :)

No insult intended but you seem to be turning into what i never thought you would be, around 15,000 fans left in the ground for his farewell after delivering a Premiership title amongst other success..

Pathetic really.

I'm sorry but dignity is cheap (or should be), especially if you're on £5mil a year and fans pay hundreds a year.

Can't help but find this thread a bit embarrassing.
Like Pellegrini or loathe him, he won us only our second league title in 40+ years, two domestic cups, and this year took us further into the Champions League than we had any right to expect. And I know it's become a cliche, but he's also led us with considerable dignity, despite the constanting sniping in the press.
Has he underperformed over the past 18 months or so? Course he has, badly. Has this league campaign been a disaster since the Autumn? Definitely. Has he made decisions that warrant criticism? Absolutely. Do the fans have the right to vent? Sure.
But I really wouldn't have thought it so difficult to give him a polite send-off, out of respect for his efforts at least. All seems a bit sulking teenager to me.
He got paid very, very handsomely for his efforts. That's his thanks.

You are right in one sense that he deserves a send off...however he should have been gone long ago (this time last season).....thats why most people are feeling the way they do right now about him.....it shouldn't have been allowed to get to this stage and MP has done absolutely nothing to solve the problems his poor tactical approach, formations and way of playing has caused.
Thatvis why few people are not bothered about him leaving...

he also won the title with another managers team and because liverpool fucked it up

he also didn't win two other trophies...he won the same trophy twice plus the league......the CC which everyone knows is a damn sight easier to win than the FA cup as most teams especially in the first rounds field weakened teams causing a lot of upsets..MP always fielded his strongest team.

I don't have any issue whatsoever with how people feel towards Pellegrini at the moment, mate. Nor with most not being bothered about him leaving. I'm not either, and had the whole Pep situation been otherwise, I'd have been in favour of getting rid at the back of end of last season, when we'd obviously lost our way.
I just think a bit more respect in view of his overall achievements/efforts might be appropriate.
As for the comments about the titles he's won with us - everyone's entitled to their view, of course. Personally, I think any suggestion that he won the title with Mancini's team is utter bollocks (different players, different tactics, and overlooks how poor we were for the entire 2012/13 season). And I'm also far from convinced by the arguments about the league cup v FA Cup - fans certainly see the FA Cup as more prestigious, as does the media. I'm not sure the clubs see it that way, and the timings of games often make it easier to play stronger sides in the League cup (i.e. before the business end of the season).

I don't have any issue whatsoever with how people feel towards Pellegrini at the moment, mate. Nor with most not being bothered about him leaving. I'm not either, and had the whole Pep situation been otherwise, I'd have been in favour of getting rid at the back of end of last season, when we'd obviously lost our way.
I just think a bit more respect in view of his overall achievements/efforts might be appropriate.
As for the comments about the titles he's won with us - everyone's entitled to their view, of course. Personally, I think any suggestion that he won the title with Mancini's team is utter bollocks (different players, different tactics, and overlooks how poor we were for the entire 2012/13 season). And I'm also far from convinced by the arguments about the league cup v FA Cup - fans certainly see the FA Cup as more prestigious, as does the media. I'm not sure the clubs see it that way, and the timings of games often make it easier to play stronger sides in the League cup (i.e. before the business end of the season).

Less games to win COC most clubs less bothered than FAC. 2 leg semi so that's easier, last 3 games this season lost 1 won 1 drew 1 so not too great really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.