Well done David Bernstein

Re: FA Chairman is...

Truly fantastic news. Forget any ties with City, this is great for England and English football. It's about time we had a man of honour and dignity at the top level.

Congratulations, David.

Didn't he leave us on bad terms though? There won't be any lingering bitterness against us will there?

LoveCity said:
Didn't he leave us on bad terms though? There won't be any lingering bitterness against us will there?

On bad terms with Kevin Keegan and possibly with other members of the board. But are these people anywhere near City anymore? We've had three different owners since Bernstein left so hopefully anyone he had grievances with is long gone.

But City aside he is a good man and a very positive move for English football on a national and international level!

nickson71 said:
good news

wasn't expecting that,
the press had it down for David Dein

So did Martin Keown. Tough luck, Martin, old son, there's a new order about now. One major job for Bernstein as soon as he gets there - Get London Fire Brigade to go to FA HQ, hose the place down, wipe down with Dettol or similar, and open the windows, even in this weather, and let a bit of fresh air in!

It makes sense, he's been the Chair of Wembley Stadium for the past 2-3 years so he'll have all of the right contacts.

Good luck David!

First job, releave David Gill of his duties.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3313180/David-Dein-set-to-be-named-FA-chairman.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... irman.html</a>

funny how badly wrong the media got it

Project said:
I expect Henry Winter to gun for him hard. Well and truly in the Dein camp.

I don't think he will. Winter is actually one of the only decent journalists about. He is very fair.

Chuffed for the guy. Was really gutted when he left us, as he was trying to keep us from being daft and going into the red, but Keegan wanted extra cash to buy Fowler, of all people.

First Chairman i really felt for, and was gutted to leave. His input at City was great, and I hope he goes on to do well at the FA and doesn't come under too much fire like the rest.

Made me feel really good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.