Well done David Bernstein

Re: FA Chairman is...

LoveCity said:
Didn't he leave us on bad terms though? There won't be any lingering bitterness against us will there?

He is a lifelong City fan and still loves the club.

SWP's back said:
Project said:
I expect Henry Winter to gun for him hard. Well and truly in the Dein camp.

I don't think he will. Winter is actually one of the only decent journalists about. He is very fair.

He will. And not because it's City. But because it's not Dein. Winter is *obsessed* with the FA and the National Football Centre, and the idea of Dein (above anyone else) bringing them both to light.

Check his Twitter stream already. Retweeting pro Dein comments before he has even heard Bernstein speak

great news, the guy had class and dignity in bucket loads something the fa has always lacked.

he kept city afloat during the very dark days and we wouldnt be where we are today without him. was gutted when he left city. absolutely delighted for him.

This is great news. A blue as chairman of the FA. Have nothing but respect for this guy, I still have the letter he sent me in reply to a question I wrote him. He was also instrumental in setting up the only supporters club ever to be based in the House of Commons.

LoveCity said:
Didn't he leave us on bad terms though? There won't be any lingering bitterness against us will there?
Wardle sided with Keegan over Fowler and that put him in an impossible position having turned Keegan down. Plus Mackintosh was also stirring things up and wanted the CEO job for himself (it was shared between him and Chris Bird at the time) but knew Bernstein wouldn't agree to that.

So Mackintosh allied himself to Wardle and I often wonder how much input he had into the Fowler affair, seeing it as an opportunity to get what he wanted. John Wardle is a very decent and easy going character who doesn't like conflict.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.