Well done David Bernstein

Good on him , I'll never forget how much he did for city.
Hopefully FA corruption might now go in our favour instead of the rags.

Re: FA Chairman is...

Hamann Pineapple said:
Very shrewd man, wasn't it him who said he wants to make Manchester like Milan and went in search of worldwide investors. Where would we be without him. Isn't his brother on Manchester Council too ? I don't think he would show the same bias as Gill and Dein, he appears to have more morals but I don't think it can do us any harm.

No, Sir Howard Bernstein's not his brother; that's an urban myth.

I thought this would be a shoo-in for either the clown Dein or Orville lookalike Parry, so I was delighted that David Bernstein has got the job, especially as I didn't know he was in the running.

I interviewed him in the Midland Hotel about 10 years ago and he was superb, very clued up. Not the most humorous bloke I've ever met but a real gent; very impressive. He was the right man for City at that time: in our darkest hour. I got the impression that he doesn't suffer fools gladly. Hopefully, he'll sort the FA out from top to bottom. Someone needs to. I was a bit surprised to read he was 67 though - the same age as his predecessor, Lord Triesman. He doesn't look it though.

Superb news, IMO Bernstein should never have stood aside to Wardle.

TrueBlue76 said:
Spuds fan lord sugar having a pop on twitter?

David Bernstein appointed Chairman of FA . Perfect for the F.A. he never offends anyone, and allegedly never makes a decision!!
web • 22/12/2010 13:14

Would have fancied a go at the job himself but - rightly or wrongly - he had his fingers burnt in the aftermath of the "Cloughie likes a bung" fiasco when the football world closed ranks to protect their dodgy practices and thus not regarded as a 'football man'.

Seosa said:
Superb news, IMO Bernstein should never have stood aside to Wardle.

The former found his position untenable after a boardroom coup and to be fair to John Wardle, it was he - not DB - who was financially supporting the club.

Well done david Bernstein.

Was gutted when he was ousted as chairman as a result of that buffoon Keegan.

Bernstein had the best interests of the club at heart, and could see the signing of Blobbie Flower was deeply flawed, as i seem to recollect at the time, most blues did. I seem to remember the club passed up on an opportunity to sign the Portuguese lad Pauletta, who went on to be one of Europes most consistently prolific strikers

This is great news for football. Bernstein gave us credibility at a time when we needed it badly. Would be good if he makes an approach to Chris Bird to take on the FA's PR/media relations.

Well done David. It's the first time I recall being delighted to see a new FA Chief and I'm sure he'll do a decent job.

Re: FA Chairman is...

coleridge said:
TrueBlue76 said:
True, he has only been nominated at present, not yet fully sanctioned. The FA Council have to endorse the nomination on 25th Jan.

Hope it goes through though will be a great appointment and City will have friends in high places for a change.

He has been unanimously nominated. The appointment will be endorsed. The FA would look very silly if it wasn't.

More importantly, he will now become the important conduit between the FA and the owners of the soon to be state of the art facilities that the national team could yet need to rely upon. Christmas is always a good time for a game of dot-to-dot. Pencils at the ready, please. ;-)

First Eddie Afekafe, then David Bernstein thrust into the national footballing conscience.
HB sharpened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.