Well done David Bernstein

Re: FA Chairman is...

After the disappointment of Monday this news has really cheered me up. The best MCFC Chairman I can recall in my over 50 years of following the team.

These should be his priorities:
1. Get every PL referee to declare which club they support and ensure they do not referee games involving them.
2. Urgently look into the review system because at present certain clubs seem exempt from it.
3. Hire some top class detective agency to thoroughly investigate FIFA and UEFA (on the quiet of course).
4. Push forward the Centre of Excellence which under previous regimes has dragged on for years.

Best wishes to you Dave - you will need it.

Very shrewd man, wasn't it him who said he wants to make Manchester like Milan and went in search of worldwide investors. Where would we be without him. Isn't his brother on Manchester Council too ? I don't think he would show the same bias as Gill and Dein, he appears to have more morals but I don't think it can do us any harm.

TrueBlue76 said:
Corky said:
He hasn't got the job yet though?

True, he has only been nominated at present, not yet fully sanctioned. The FA Council have to endorse the nomination on 25th Jan.

Hope it goes through though will be a great appointment and City will have friends in high places for a change.

He has been unanimously nominated. The appointment will be endorsed. The FA would look very silly if it wasn't.

More importantly, he will now become the important conduit between the FA and the owners of the soon to be state of the art facilities that the national team could yet need to rely upon. Christmas is always a good time for a game of dot-to-dot. Pencils at the ready, please. ;-)

Bear in mind that he did leave in slightly acrimonious circumstances. However, that was some time ago, so hopefully it's all in the past.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2397487/Bernstein-resigns-as-Citys-chairman.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/239748 ... irman.html</a>

SWP's back said:
He is a lifelong City fan and still loves the club.

Is this definitely true? Excellent news if it is. Restoring the balance and all that.

BluePurgatory said:
He was also instrumental in setting up the only supporters club ever to be based in the House of Commons.

That makes me smile. It just seems so surreal.

Gray said:
These should be his priorities:
1. Get every PL referee to declare which club they support and ensure they do not referee games involving them.

Hasn't this always been the case? I suppose there's nothing stopping them from lying though.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a change in our fortunes in dealing with these cretins - also good in a general sense for football as he´ll start to reform from within - nice one DB!

Top Guy.

The time they are a changing at the FA. If anyone can sort out the FA/Refs etc he's the man.

Met him at City a couple of times really nice man and time for eveybody.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.