Well done Emile ****applauds****

62 caps 7 goals

how the fu*K do you say to your grand kids that i played for england for 11 years here are by caps shirts goals and look them in the eye

you must be the worst player ever to play over 50 times for england
over 6ft built like a brick shithouse and only score 7 goals for england

you have mug a living

What was he supposed to do when selected 62 times for his country? Ring the manager back and say "Sorry, I'm gonna have to decline the offer to represent my country, because I don't believe I'm of international standard".

It wasn't his fault - the managers who selected him have a lot to answer for.

Clubber said:
He wasn't a goal scorer, but i wouldn't say he was a bad player, there have been a lot worse to play for England.

I do think he is right to retire though.

name me another striker thats worst than him with over 50 caps<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 pm --<br /><br />
Impeccable said:
What was he supposed to do when selected 62 times for his country? Ring the manager back and say "Sorry, I'm gonna have to decline the offer to represent my country, because I don't believe I'm of international standard".

maybe your right
what was sven thinking about when picking him has he got a good looking lady

what did other players have to do to get a game for england

hmm this news has pushed me to a decision; last week on my facebook i anounced that, like carra 2 years ago, i was sick of being constantly overlooked for selection and had decided to retire from international football to concentrate on my asda career and spend more time with my dog. however with the news that places are now avaliable i, like carra, would like to anounce that i am making myself availiable for selection again. however in the wake of this i would like to also announce i am no longer making myself availiable for international cricket

Impeccable said:

Agreed. Not the guys fault at all. He has been slaughtered by the press and fans alike, and I think some of it is unjustified. If you want to blame someone, blame the manager who selected him.

There are a few others who should make the managers job easy. I think Gerrard, Lampard, James, Rooney and Terry should make themselves unavailable for the next friendly. If the team are shite and lose, then they have proved their point. If the players brought in play well and win, or even play well but draw, then England fans will know there is an alternative to the so called 'golden generation'.

ancoats said:
62 caps 7 goals

how the fu*K do you say to your grand kids that i played for england for 11 years here are by caps shirts goals and look them in the eye

you must be the worst player ever to play over 50 times for england
over 6ft built like a brick shithouse and only score 7 goals for england

you have mug a living

I tell you what, thats a hell of a lot better story than i'll be telling my grandkids!! It wasnt Heskeys fault he had 62 caps, its the managers who decided to pick him for their squads so he must of been doing something right?

Give the lad a break hes had the balls to admit hes past it and tbf he never was a prolific goal scorer...

I don't think he's all that bad, he's just an easy target when England play crap. Rooney had a worse World Cup than Heskey.

I hope these 8 take note and follow suit to make room for some developement.
David James
Steven Gerrard
Rio Ferdinand
John Terry
Frank Lampard
Matthew Upson
Jamie Carragher
Michael Carrick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.