Well done Emile ****applauds****

Yes Heskey was not blessed with all the fancy tricks but he made the most of his career with what god gave him. That my friends is called the rewards of hard work and something many of the players at our club alone never mind the rest of the Prem could learn from.

The way some of the posters here are going on - you would think he had something to be ashamed of where he should be proud. To me he gave his best every time and while a very good club player he was not international material (in my eyes) but he gave is all when called upon.

Now imagine as some posters have suggested. He was called up to the squad and he said "no can do" - we would have been on here saying "What a c**t - he does respect his country!!".

Hey - he has retired, I suspect more that he is 32 and knows he will never get picked again anyhow.

As for England we need to get over ourselves and start focusing on making sure the beers and snacks are in for next Friday. We kick-off 1am Saturday morning BST - ESPN or live feed from OS.

bluevengence said:
Clubber said:
I think that's a matter of opinion, the same as the one with De Jong. Because he doesn't do all the fancy tricks/scores loads of goals, and is there to support/compliment others players, people sometimes forget their actual importance in previous games.

You can`t use that as an example...Heskeys job as a centre foward is to score goals which he dos`nt...De Jongs is to tackle win the ball and break up play which he certainly does

Course i can use that as an example, strikers can still have a good game without scoring. Thats like saying Chris Sutton is better than Zola, because he scored more goals.

Because his play wasn't that pretty, Heskey won't be thought of as any good, yet he was very effective.

Stikers can have good games without scoring true...BUT NOT NEARLY EVERY GAME THEY PLAY...they are supposed to score at some point hence why they are called STRIKERS

stumpy_mcfc said:
Yes Heskey was not blessed with all the fancy tricks but he made the most of his career with what god gave him. That my friends is called the rewards of hard work and something many of the players at our club alone never mind the rest of the Prem could learn from.

The way some of the posters here are going on - you would think he had something to be ashamed of where he should be proud. To me he gave his best every time and while a very good club player he was not international material (in my eyes) but he gave is all when called upon.

Now imagine as some posters have suggested. He was called up to the squad and he said "no can do" - we would have been on here saying "What a c**t - he does respect his country!!".

Hey - he has retired, I suspect more that he is 32 and knows he will never get picked again anyhow.

As for England we need to get over ourselves and start focusing on making sure the beers and snacks are in for next Friday. We kick-off 1am Saturday morning BST - ESPN or live feed from OS.

KO is 8pm Sat. local time, 1am Sunday UK, wouldn't want you getting the alarm wrong!

I dont actually mind Hesky. He seems a decent enough bloke, never see him on front pages of the papers like some others, he doesnt moan when not selected etc. True he isnt International class but its not as if England are blessed with better.

Like others have said, i think he had a better World Cup than Rooney. 7 goals with his caps is pretty poor though.

Thanks for the effort Emile

fbloke said:
All i can say is he is braver and a better man than some of the others.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8825280.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8825280.stm</a>

When I first saw the thread title I'd imagined he had said something along the lines of " I realise I'm a sh*t player, can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and spend most of game sat on my arse as I find it impossible to keep my feet even though I'm 6 foot something and about 15 stone so to give someone else with real footballing ability even if i'm called up for England duty again I will decline in the nation's best interest" Instead he just calls time himself which looks better than being omitted from the first squad after the WC. Surely his performances called time on his international career anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.