Well done Emile ****applauds****

fbloke said:
He has at least done the right thing.

Gerrard feels he should stay and 'put things right' - ffs Gerrard you have had more than enough opportunities and failed every tournament.

to be fair to stevie starfish, and i can't stand the scouse twunt, he is always the player asked to move into another position. frank lampdick is left to wander round in gerrard's position. when gerrard has had the chances to play in his best position that lampard has been afforded, that will be the time to retire him from england.

ancoats said:
Clubber said:
He wasn't a goal scorer, but i wouldn't say he was a bad player, there have been a lot worse to play for England.

I do think he is right to retire though.

name me another striker thats worst than him with over 50 caps

I think that's a matter of opinion, the same as the one with De Jong. Because he doesn't do all the fancy tricks/scores loads of goals, and is there to support/compliment others players, people sometimes forget their actual importance in previous games.

In all honesty I don't think there will be one football fan in this country who would disagree with Heskey's decision. The man was -without any shadow of a doubt- a very very poor player. He's an (alleged) striker, played over 60 games for his country and scored what, 7 goals or something?

It's all very well criticising the various managers who have picked him, but a lot of the blame must lie with Heskey himself. He must haver known himself he wasn't up to the job, and that fans all over the world would crucify him for his total lack of ability. He could (and should) have just been honest and put his hands up and said: 'I'm not up to it. I'd rather someone who's better than me take my place'. At least his reputation would have remained intact. As it is he'll always be remembered as possibly the very worst player ever to have worn the England shirt.

Clubber said:
ancoats said:
name me another striker thats worst than him with over 50 caps

I think that's a matter of opinion, the same as the one with De Jong. Because he doesn't do all the fancy tricks/scores loads of goals, and is there to support/compliment others players, people sometimes forget their actual importance in previous games.

You can`t use that as an example...Heskeys job as a centre foward is to score goals which he dos`nt...De Jongs is to tackle win the ball and break up play which he certainly does

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.