Well Done Gary Cook!

not my fault! said:
abu13 said:
I think Garry Cook did very well considering the situation he was in

1. The decision was taken to replace MH after the Hull game,
at the time i think the vast majority of people on here were saying the same.
2. The target was revised to 70 points after the increased investment in the summer.
I don't see anything wrong with that either.
3. We were not on target to get this point total.
Can't disagree with this.
4. Did we sound out Hiddink?
You would hope so really.
5. Would you admit to approaching Hiddink at Mancini's press conference
Not a f**king chance.
6. Would you expect the board to start condidering options after 7 straight draws?
Yes,
7. do you want a board to watch a situation not working and do nothing about it?
No
8. Do you want a board that is not scared of making the tough decisions.
Damn right i do.
9. Do we have to justify ourselves to the press after they did everything in their power to undermine MH.
No chance.
10. Did we balls up the way we delt with the sacking?
Yes
11. So should we have put it off for a couple of weeks so it looked better?
No.

I got the impression that Garry was pissed of with the reporters and quite rightly so, however i also got the distinct impression that he and the board know where we are going and that they will do whatever it takes to get there. At the end of the day thats the mentality we must have.
Every manager wants more time but not many were in MH situation, we all know we need time to gel but you can't use this as an excuse when you are the one who goes out and buys a new team.

as for the semi final argument, brilliant, i am as happy as anyone that we have got ther but lets be honest with the team we have put out against the opposition played you would expect nothing less.

I think Garry has done the best we could hope for under the circumstances.

Great post and exactly how I feel, these fans calling Cook just dont like him anyway. They didnt when he arrived and they dont now! He did well today, but one point I must add is I think he is also pissed off with some of the fans too... Hence the "putting the fans straight" type message at the start of the conference. Well done Cook, well done Mancini, I have faith in both of you and our owners. P.s. If the owner was in London (he said he met Kaldoon and the boss man!) then why didnt he pop on over and say hi to us all?

I echo this. At the end of the day, when has a manager being sacked ever been anything other than messy?

And if you thought that City, with the current management structure, were going to sack someone before they had someone ready to come in, you're deluded. There's never a good way to do these things so people should just move on and hope that Boxing Day is the start of the push into the top four and onto Wembley in the Carling Cup.

Feck off, Cook is so far out of his depth and so short of candour it’s embarrassing. Flogging trainers to stupid kids is one thing, dealing with a living historical club like ours is another thing. We don’t want pathetic corporate speak, we are not some name or global brand, despite what that knob would aspire too (Richard Dunne doesn’t trip of the tongue in Beijing…….I ask you?)

Cook. you embarrass us in our city, in our place of work, you are just another fool who will soon be gone, the Club and fans will prevail. We deserve better than this Thaksin reject.

Good luck to Roberto, I am sure he has the upper hand and will treat that twat with the disdain he deserves, also hope Bellers takes a 9 iron to him over Christmas. Cheers.

I think Cook did ok on the whole, difficult situation no doubt, I personally think he ( or the press liaison officer) should have stepped in immediately as the press`s intentions were clear from virtually the first question they offered to Mancini that they were trying to illicit information (which had been clarified beforehand) to get a different answer, in Cooks defence though when he did intervene it seemed it was to clarify a misunderstanding, he should have left it at that then imo, what`s obvious though, Cooky seems a reasonable and intelligent bloke but he isn`t a front man who can answer under pressure with any great conviction, maybe the club should look at that, but I do still believe he has a place at the club, to coin a phrase ` he`s comes across as a bumbling idiot at times, but he`s our bumbling idiot`.

What really galls me though is that these f*ckin weasels were there as guests and should have acted as such, yet the majority sat there ( Cheesey the obvious exception) like arrogant little w*nk stains like THEY owned the place and THEY called the shots, THAT needs to change NOW.

PS Good post too Abu13.

Most of the PRESS had there own agenda .Thought both Garry Cook & Vicky handled it well

RobbieBrewer said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
The questions that were shouted out were all confrontational bullshit designed to get a shocking quote. He did exactly the right thing not answering - would have been better not getting involved at all again after the statement had been read.

Seems to me some City fans are out for blood to appease their hurt pride after backing Hughes so vociferously, and Cook is their fall guy of choice.

Pathetic.

Well said.Those press cnuts were after blood.What should Cook do?Sit there and let them take the piss out of Mancini under the thinly veiled cover of asking questions about Hughes?

Pathetic indeed.

I'd Fuck Winter and Custis out of the press room for good.

Well said!! I think cook handled this witch hunt very well indeed,of course he looked rattled but that to me shows that he wants what is best for MCFC.
I just find it bizarre that the same so called journalists who have been dying to see Hughes fail ever since the takeover are now the so called voice of "disgruntled City fans".
The gutter press are gonna be waiting around every corner for Sheik Mansour, Khaldoon Cook and Mancini so Cooks show of teeth today was much needed.

Roll on saturday and Bobby Mancs debut!!

CTID

Mancini, SWP, Bellers, Tevez, RSC, Barry, Ireland, De Jong, Kompany, Zabaleta, Bridge, Given, Richards, Onouha you have my 100% support.

Cook, Adebayor, Robinho & Toure don't!

Matt.D said:
The man is a complete joke. He is full of shit. He is an embarassment to our club.

Oh so very wrong, on so many levels this Matt IMO, he admits he is no football man, but look at what he is doing at the club (admittedly much of it being the scenes and away from the public eye) before making such strong opinion........I am lucky to have seen a lot of whats going on and believe me, we are light years ahead of where we were when Mr Cook came in, the guy is a real pro and doesnt get the credit he deserves, which he readily excepts, but he certainly doesnt deserve the flak he gets and its something that bothers him much more than he cares to share with us.

Give the guy a break and judge him in a year of so, beleive me your viewpoint will change somewhat :-) !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.